Gran Turismo 5 Official Release date (or here we go again)

944s2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have looked at that but feel it's a little overpriced, I would rather put the money in a better wheel... although it would be nice if I didn't have a lot of room for a big tv and stuff.

I always said that when GT5 finally made it, I'd consider building a full scale racing rig.

Trying to figure out which direction to go.

Full rig like Visionracers is nice. It can be moved room to room, allows for essentially a racing "appliance".

Another option is to mount a large LCD to the wall and use one of cheaper rigs pushed up against the wall. Less tidy for sure.

For me I'd use the PS3 for nothing but GT5, so a full blown standalone rig wold work for me.

I always said that when GT5 finally made it, I'd consider building a full scale racing rig.

Trying to figure out which direction to go.

Full rig like Visionracers is nice. It can be moved room to room, allows for essentially a racing "appliance".

Another option is to mount a large LCD to the wall and use one of cheaper rigs pushed up against the wall. Less tidy for sure.

For me I'd use the PS3 for nothing but GT5, so a full blown standalone rig wold work for me.

If I had money to play with then it sounds like a good idea. Do it and send me pictures of your "appliance" setup :D

I have one of these http://www.virtualr.net/obutto-ozone-racing-cockpit-review/ with with a G25. I use the 'keyboard' shelf for my laptop and the 'mouse' shelf for my booze. A friend of mine in Florida has the same setup and we use eyeball chat as a cockpit cam while we are racing with the prologue version of the game. Can't wait for the actual game.

I hate waiting to play a game for the first time when there's an update. This one is 133MB, and the game isnt even out yet. This should clog the series of tubes pretty good on a release day right before thanksgiving.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=277393

Ya the PS3 update will take 2 hours instead of 30 minutes. :(

I heard you can install as you go with this game actually. Maybe that was a different PS3 game.

I thought I read that about GT5 too....

I am going to be picking it up tonight, and dusting my PS3 off. I haven't played it since God of War III came out, so in addition to having to install the game, I will probably have to install updates too, and PS3 updates take FOREVER.