Running a VIN

99FLHRCI

Basically if I purchase it am I going to have any problems. I have no idea who the guy is. He is just a friend of my mom's friend. He abandoned the car in her driveway in 2007 and asked her to drive around the block weekly. She stopped after 2007 ended because the tags are expired. It has a Minnesota plate. All I know is he left Ohio instead of facing his DUI charges. The vehicle has body damage. I guess I am worried about a DUI hit and run or something a long those lines. If the vehicle was used during a outstanding DUI in which there was property damage or personal injury could it be seized from a new owner as evidence?

So, this friend of your mom's friend ... does she have the title to the SUV? If she does not have the title, I'm not sure how she could sell it to you? And if he comes back, can he still lay claim to the SUV? Way too many questions than need answered. I'd walk away unless there are some solid answers. The only thing I can think of would be to call the police and ask.

So, this friend of your mom's friend ... does she have the title to the SUV? If she does not have the title, I'm not sure how she could sell it to you? And if he comes back, can he still lay claim to the SUV? Way too many questions than need answered. I'd walk away unless there are some solid answers. The only thing I can think of would be to call the police and ask.

He claims there is a title issue that needs resolved in Minn. He won't be there till thanksgiving. I would not do any work or payments on the car till I had the title. I think I may end up passing on this deal though.