Prayers/thoughts for my son

SAMBUSA

Doctor just came in and said that he doesn't have pnuemonia. He has a severe case of croup. Thanks to all for the prayers/well wishes

RSV triggered croup ?? I used to work with that shit. Keep em hydrated.....all good thoughts....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sam- my younger sister had the croup very often as a toddler..make sure the stay hydrated(pedilyte works great) and watch the color of the skin around the mouth. make sure they color does not turn pale or bluish.i f you have not gotten a cool mist humifider, invest in one, it makes a world of difference.this will help them breathe easier. i also remember that the drs basically told my parents to always keep in eye on the breathing and watch that the stomach isnt being sucked in while trying to breathe.another thing that will help is oxygen..maybe you grandma or someone has a tank, or im sure any medical store will have the small portable ones.good luck and its rough, but basically like any sickness you just gotta ride it out..im sure the youngster will be just fine!!!! ;)

He's still in the hospital. His breathing has gotten better. Keeping his temp under control with meds. Now he wont eat or drink so the doc wont let him come home. Thanks again peeps.

I hope he makes a full recovery soon!