Dump trucks

FST94TSI

Several times over the last couple of weeks I have had my car pelted and sprayed by asshole dump truck drivers on 270 mostly. I was simply driving along on 270 each time and had quite a few rocks and piles of dirt come flying off the back of random dump trucks which landed of course on the front and top of my car. They all have signs on them saying stay back some ridiculous amount of space and that they aren't responsible for broken windshields. This is really dangerous as well as the damage that it does to mine and everybody around me being completely fucked up. Does anybody know if there's anything legal I can do. I've contacted the companies listed on the trucks and got told too bad, stay further back. I don't ride close to them but how damn far can they expect someone to stay back when the rocks and dirt is flying anywhere from 5 to 10 cars back from the trucks. One that has happened the most has been a company named guider enterprises. Unfortunately I know the small dick faggot that owns that company and I know he won't help at all so I'm really wanting to take legal action against the next company that this happens from. Has anybody else had this happen recently?

Have you talked to the police? I can't just put a sticker on my truck that says "logs may fall out back- stay at least 600 yards away" and expect legal protection.

Wait until the salt trucks come out. Those fuckers always spray gravel all over my shit. My old car had scads of chips in the windshields from those assholes.

Ive seen what seems like way more than usual out recently. Might just be the time of day I was out, but its rediculous... Shit just pouring out all over the highway. My coworker who has a POS taurus pretty much just drives behind them getting pelted left and right.... its like a hail storm sometimes.

Ill usuall get over 2 lanes if possible when I am far back, and take it up to 85 then brake it down soon as im beside them. Gets a lot of 'WTF are you doing' looks but im sure they get the picture lol. And try to time it out with overpasses and whatnot thatll dislodge more chaos from them. PITA

And I cringe thinking about the salt trucks. Fuck this state. Glad its my last winter here

Just like any person, you are required to secure your load on your vehicle. Those signs do not legally protect them at all. You can sue them and as long as you have evidence, you will win.

I had my windshield taken out by a rock from a Redskin Trucking Dump truck when I was in high school. I got the truck drivers license plate number. Called the office and after some fighting, they ended up paying to replace my windshield.

Guest 614Streets
I got pelted and then cut off by a dump truck one time i got so pissed off i launched my mcdonalds hi orange right out my passenger window and up into the face of the said truck driver.

I see this happen a lot, and most of the time the cars continue to ride the trucks ass. When I see shit or hear things falling off of trucks I usually get over a lane or two and try to fall way back or get in front of the truck. As soon as I move another calls falls right behind and stays there... "Im like cant you tell your car is getting fucked up right now." There are places gravel hides all over these dumps trucks not just the bed (slingers are notorious). IMO Id get out of their way. File a police report, thats all you can do, a company isn't going to pay for "said" damages.

Try getting onto 270 at Rt 3 right where 3 trucking companies are with dump trucks and concrete trucks. My cars have had the shit beat out of them because of the stuff left on the pavement that gets kicked up after they're long gone let alone having to be behind one of them on the on-ramp. It's bull shit to say they're not liable. They are. You have to secure your load. The sign is there to keep people off their asses more than people already tailgate and the people that are too lazy to check into legal action against them for damages.

My wife was following a flatbed work truck in my Impala when a box of roofing nails fell off the back and owned every tire on the car. The car didn't even have 20,000 miles on it either. Worst part was she couldn't get any info off the truck because she had to pull off the road.

my fiancee got insanely lucky tonight. Some wood came flying out of a pickup truck into her car on 37 near Baltimore right in front of a cop. He pulled the truck over. Guess they are still doing a report and such right now

doing there job is to make sure there isn't anything loose or will come off, but hey I was taught to do a pretrip before taking off and make sure my load is secure. Being lazy isn't an excuse

I'm sure most of them are also, but when they get paid by the load (and time is of the essence sometimes) do you really think they're going to hop their big ass down and walk around/climb their rig? Probably not. Just steer clear of 'em

I'd love to see some of you do a truck drivers job, its not as easy as you think. OP you can go after the trucking companies, its just a PITA.

Who the hell cares if its easy or not, They chose the career path and its the law they must secure the load which makes it part of the job.