04silvrz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.armslist.com

plenty of riffles there

Not sure what a "riffle" is

A Riffle is a short, relatively shallow and coarse-bedded length of stream over which the stream flows at higher velocity and turbulence than it normally does. [1] As a result of the higher velocity and turbulence, small ripples are frequently found. Riffles are usually caused by an increase in a stream bed's slope or an obstruction in the water.

Hmmm...good to know.

• Upvote 3

Hey guys, can someone recommend a online store to purchase assault riffles. like a AR- style or something like that. i don't know much about them, but thinking of treating myself for Christmas.

Not to sound like a dick, but educate yourself on the AR15 before buying one (Operation, field stripping, clearing procedures, and where to lube it). Being a cherry to that rifle, it may send you for a small loop. Remember, if you go cheap, you'll get cheap. Buy good ammo, good magazines, and keep it lubed.

Not to sound like a dick, but educate yourself on the AR15 before buying one (Operation, field stripping, clearing procedures, and where to lube it). Being a cherry to that rifle, it may send you for a small loop. Remember, if you go cheap, you'll get cheap. Buy good ammo, good magazines, and keep it lubed.

Right on. I am a decent shooter, no marksmen by any means but. i have handled several rifles and hand guns since being young. mostly 22's and shotguns growing up, and I now I own a 30 ought 6, a firestar .40 pistol, and a .22 bolt action.

so I am not complete noob, I would like to fire one. i haven't really fired any type of Gas operated, magazine fed, semi-automatic rifle. i was also looking at tactical shotguns, I was really debating the two and decided I would like to go with aGas operated, magazine fed, semi-automatic rifle. The AR-15 seems to be all around great weapon, range, accuracy, mobility. All things I want. Is there another gun you would suggest that achieves those 3 things better than a AR-15? I know there are several guys with guns I have never heard of in here so, by all means... school me!! :)

I wasn't planning on going cheap, I want quality. I have a budget of about 1,500. Is that enough for a quality AR-15? Looking around the internet I have seen lots of different pricing.

This is a couple I was looking at recently...

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct922.aspx

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct356.aspx

Is this even close to a quality weapon? Who is a good manufacture?

Right on. I am a decent shooter, no marksmen by any means but. i have handled several rifles and hand guns since being young. mostly 22's and shotguns growing up, and I now I own a 30 ought 6, a firestar .40 pistol, and a .22 bolt action.

so I am not complete noob, I would like to fire one. i haven't really fired any type of assault rifle. i was also looking at tactical shotguns, I was really debating the two and decided I would like to go with a assault riffle. The AR-15 seems to be all around great weapon, range, accuracy, mobility. All things I want. Is there another gun you would suggest that achieves those 3 things better than a AR-15? I know there are several guys with guns I have never heard of in here so, by all means... school me!! :)

I wasn't planning on going cheap, I want quality. I have a budget of about 1,500. Is that enough for a quality AR-15? Looking around the internet I have seen lots of different pricing.

This is a couple I was looking at recently...

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct921.aspx

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct922.aspx

Is this even close to a quality weapon? Who is a good manufacture?

If I get some time to hit the range, I'll let you shoot some of my AR's. Personally, I look for is if it is a MILSPEC rifle. What this means is chrome lined bore, 1:7 twist barrel (so you can shoot heavier rounds, a TRUE 5.56X45mm chamber (So you can fire NATO ammo), and the bolt itself. Companies like Daniel Defense, Noveske, S&W, Colt, and a favorite of mine LMT. $1,500 will score you a very nice rifle to be honest. Personally, the gas piston thing isn't an issue for me, the direct impingement works great. There's plenty out there, but these are some of the higher quality rifles. If you want to learn more about AR's, it wouldn't be hard to piece one together and save a little money. Added benefit of buying the lower/upper separate is you can save a little cash and get what you want.

If I get some time to hit the range, I'll let you shoot some of my AR's. Personally, I look for is if it is a MILSPEC rifle. What this means is chrome lined bore, 1:7 twist barrel (so you can shoot heavier rounds, a TRUE 5.56X45mm chamber (So you can fire NATO ammo), and the bolt itself. Companies like Daniel Defense, Noveske, S&W, Colt, and a favorite of mine LMT. $1,500 will score you a very nice rifle to be honest. Personally, the gas piston thing isn't an issue for me, the direct impingement works great. There's plenty out there, but these are some of the higher quality rifles. If you want to learn more about AR's, it wouldn't be hard to piece one together and save a little money. Added benefit of buying the lower/upper separate is you can save a little cash and get what you want.

ok, i did see some sites that talked about that. if I can save some money and learn more about the gun that way, I will research it more. can you recommend any forums I could read up on?

i just started with this one...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/

thanks for pointing me in a good direction!

and it sounds like you have some real nice weapons, if you can make it out to a range let me know, I would love to shoot off a couple rounds! :)

For the money, that Delton isn't a bad rifle at all from what I've always heard. It's a bang for your buck rifle. I don't know of anyone with a STAG personally, but I'd lean towards the Delton. I bought an LMT MRP earlier this year, and it's the best AR on the market personally.

Here's a few products from LMT - http://www.impactguns.com/store/lmt.html

Basically the same rifle I own- http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1039

If this helps any, all the short (10.5") M4's around Afghanistan are about 90% LMT's if that tells you who their big customer is. The civilian side deffinately wins thanks to LMT being a large supplier to the Military.

ok, i did see some sites that talked about that. if I can save some money and learn more about the gun that way, I will research it more. can you recommend any forums I could read up on?

i just started with this one...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/

thanks for pointing me in a good direction!

and it sounds like you have some real nice weapons, if you can make it out to a range let me know, I would love to shoot off a couple rounds! :)

AR15.com is the only online forum I can think of worth a damn, but a lot of stuff needs to be taken with a grain of salt. M4carbine.net is another forum, but if you get a chance to pick up some of the AR only editions of Guns and Ammo, they're usually pretty good and full of goodies.

No problem in letting you shoot my rifles, just saying if you shoot my LMT you'll fall in love. It's not stock per say, but I'll let you toss some M855 through it.

As far as assembly and building one, I'm not joking when I say youtube has probably 100,000 videos on that very subject. :)

X1,000. Gtfo of here until you call it some thing other than an "assault rifle". I have a salt spoon for sale, wanna buy it? You can assault anyone with it. Ask the right questions and I will educate you rightly. But come proper or don't enter the gun culture. Already enough tards out there. Asking for an assault riffle is more wronger than two men in bed.

breathe greg:)

Scott I bought a stag for my first AR to get ready for basic, probably has about 5,000 rounds through it so far and it has worked every time. Well except when Clark bought some shitty frangible rounds, made mine jam and made him buy a new bcg. But it is really a basic m4 with a rail and an eotech and that's about it. Pieced it together for under a grand (barely) without the optic and rail.

I have a MINTY Smith and Wessen Military and Police edition AR-15 Slightly used. Has $400 in accessories. maybe 500 rounds through it. Not really looking to sell but If the price is right I will come off of it. PM ME Paid $1399 new Last year