pad break-in?

Das Borgen

AFAIK you only need to break in pads, But im sure it doesn't hurt to do the break in procedure again on the rotors.

that makes sense.... I know Carbotech sells bedded-in pads for an extra 10 bucks an axle............. I imagine the rotor doesn t make a difference

I have some used 75% XP8 I was wondering if I needed to bed in...sounds like not necessary

any concern with glazing a pad if you bed it multiple times?

supposed to run only new pads with new rotors

says who?

the old pads will wear to fit the new rotor. and with those carbotechs it doesn't matter because its going to wear the rotor how it wants to anyway even if they are new pads and rotors. those compound pads are hard on rotors when they are cold until they are in their heat range.

Guest 614Streets
says who?

the old pads will wear to fit the new rotor. and with those carbotechs it doesn't matter because its going to wear the rotor how it wants to anyway even if they are new pads and rotors. those compound pads are hard on rotors when they are cold until they are in their heat range.

heat glazing rings into new rotor with high spots is one reason not too. i know we can put used rings in a fresh bore and make it run.

Breaking in pads is fun! Not worth the money and it is fun to make them smoke out on a back road.

You are not running those carbotechs on the street are you? I will tell you that I did not change out my race pads (still haven't) and it makes the wheels super dirt, squeaks a ton and chews them up quick. I only will put about 500 miles by the next track day on the street, so I am not changing them out, but you daily yours (right?).