Thumbs up to Brady and Kyle at Pickups Plus

TTQ B4U

Had to bring the MiniVan in for some warranty repair at the dealer. No issues, all there went smooth. However, in order to maintain the 100k miles warranty, of course, the routine maintenance needs to be kept up. Cool so far.

The bad news, the dealer said it needed front brakes, cooling system flush and tranny fluid replaced, etc. Not really bad news, but price wise it was. I called Kyle and company and priced it all out. Per them, and others, tranny wise, the dealer was close on pricing and to avoid any issues down the road, it might be best to have them do that.

Cooling system and brake wise, I'm staying with Pickups Plus. Turns out the van wasn't even close to needing brakes and rotors. Turns out as I expected, the dealer was trying to snag me for $365+ for work that was not needed.

Cliffs:

• Pickups Plus serviced the vehicle for a more than fair price
  • Kyle, Justin, Brady, Nick and the rest of the crew saved me $365+ in false repairs the dealer said I needed (the dealer even had me park the van until the brakes were done)

Thanks again guys!

Hopefully you called the dealership and asked wtf. Oh and Pickups Plus sounds like good people.

I'm going to personally go back in there next week with my van and talk to Bob the service adviser who said I had 2mm left on the pads and that the rotors were rusted and shot. I'm no idiot when it comes to repairs like brakes. I've done them before, I just have zero time to even do my own oil changes let alone brakes.

I trust PPC and can't believe the dealer tried to pull that shit. Their reaction to my saying no and that I'm taking it to another place for the cooling system and brakes makes sense, as there was a long pause on the phone. I really think they expected me to say yeah, whatever, just let me know when to pick it up.

Finding a business with honesty and integrity is sadly getting to be a rarer and rarer event in our society. CR is blessed in having many great sponsors who genuinely value their customers and deal fairly with them.

Certainly the staff and owners of Pickups Plus Cars are among the very best.

:thumbup:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for then nice words. Most of the staff does not get on here so I will forward it on to everyone. We do appreciate it.

Tim's brakes were roughly around 50% life. It would have been easy to just replace them but our guys are trained to stop and call the customer in those situations so that they are informed of what is actually happening. Had Tim wanted to replace them just for peace of mind, we would have had no problem in doing so but we wanted him to make the call.

Again, thanks for the business Tim and thanks to everyone else for the support:thumbup:

our guys are trained to stop and call the customer in those situations so that they are informed of what is actually happening. Had Tim wanted to replace them just for peace of mind, we would have had no problem in doing so but we wanted him to make the call.

That's exactly what will keep me coming back and spreading the word. The dealership really pisses me off because they are idiots for doing what they did. They obviously didn't think it through that someone would go for a second opinion. It's all about trust and respect. Thanks Brady.

Keep up the good work!