Is pride enough?

coltboostin

Due to traveling the country for the last 2 months- and now a heavy work load, not much of anything has changed with the Rear Engine CRX. It sits with motor/trans mounted-all the difficult fab work done, only needing a wire harness, and fuel lines to fire.

At this point-I have come to a realization with the CRX sitting in my garage likely is not the best option for my goals with my next build. More power than the old Colt (700whp plus, plus), 200+ in the Mile, single digit 1/4 mile ET's, still comfortable street able. The car is, and will be cool as shit-but with the chassis design,super short wheel base, and lack of Aero or front end weight/down force, I think ti will be quite sketchy at speed. It will be a great stock motor, 12 to 11 second toy-but thats not going to cut it for me.

That being said-do I even bother finishing the car? With work, some school, rental properties, and my ever growing desire to see the world-my time is at a premium and my free time needs to be focused on a car that will do what I need it to. I'm admitting now that the CRX although cool- will not be that car.

So do I finish it just to see it do a burnout, and sell it? Or, sell the sell to someone that will finish and enjoy it? I already doubled my money selling the engine and trans that came out for the car- so I'd be selling it for just more than scrap value.

Give me your opinions...

That being said-do I even bother finishing the car? With work, some school, rental properties, and my ever growing desire to see the world-my time is at a premium and my free time needs to be focused on a car that will do what I need it to. I'm admitting now that the CRX although cool- will not be that car.

So do I finish it just to see it do a burnout, and sell it? Or, sell the sell to someone that will finish and enjoy it? I already doubled my money selling the engine and trans that came out for the car- so I'd be selling it for just more than scrap value.

Give me your opinions...

I would re-read the first paragraph you posted in this thread. My opinion is you answered your own question.

I say sell it and move onto something that's what you really want.

Its just a car, not something your have deep emotional feelings for due to history or memories. I say if your bored, sell it off for as much as you can. I guarantee you 2 years from now your not going to say "man I wish I would have sold that to someone thats taking good care of it", but you might ask yourself why you sold it for so little. I say dont wait to give it a good home at a cost of losing money. Sure it would be cool, but whats cool changes everday and it will only be cool to whomever sees it for the first time. After that its just another car. If its easy finished and will increase the amount its worth by more than it will cost in time and material, I say finish it just based on that. If its not going to increase the value at this point because its only going to be worth so much and your already under in it then just sell.

Its just a car, not something your have deep emotional feelings for due to history or memories. I say if your bored, sell it off for as much as you can. I guarantee you 2 years from now your not going to say "man I wish I would have sold that to someone thats taking good care of it", but you might ask yourself why you sold it for so little. I say dont wait to give it a good home at a cost of losing money. Sure it would be cool, but whats cool changes everday and it will only be cool to whomever sees it for the first time. After that its just another car. If its easy finished and will increase the amount its worth by more than it will cost in time and material, I say finish it just based on that. If its not going to increase the value at this point because its only going to be worth so much and your already under in it then just sell.

Who KNOWS what it worth running or not! And I didn't build the car for someone else to think its cool-I built it because I think its cool. I'd think that anyone who build a car for other people to think as "cool" is a pretty sad motherfucker.

But hey-RWD, cheap, first even 4g rear engine...blah blah blah, I like one off shit that is faster than you'd guess. This just wont be fast enough.

What its worth only matters to you. For someone dropping 100k in something they really want but can only resale for 50k might be worth it. I guess you have to decide if what your putting in by means of money, time, and effort is worth whatever you can get out of it. This is different for each of us. I was referring to "cool" as pertaining to yourself. Is it going to be cool enough for you personally to continue or would what you really want be cooler? Theres lots of people that build things to impress others and enjoy the delight their work offers to someone else. I wouldnt call that sad. Its no different than how building something for yourself makes you happy.

...And I didn't build the car for someone else to think its cool-I built it because I think its cool. I'd think that anyone who build a car for other people to think as "cool" is a pretty sad motherfucker.

I seem to recall meeting a guy from Cleveland with a cute little white Tercel with giant a "touring" wing, blue racing stripes, huge dual mufflers, and a "custom" '1.3L' decal on the trunk lid. That kid and his buddies thought that was a pretty cool car. ;)

We've come a long way since those days JP. :)

PS ~ Don't make me dig up pics of it. LOL

Hell, I understand exactly what you are going through....just to much going on and not enough time for toys. I've been looking at getting another toy for a while just don't have time to enjoy it. It would just sit in the garage for a few months until I get time and even then, it would be a couple days here and there...

At this point-I have come to a realization with the CRX sitting in my garage likely is not the best option for my goals with my next build. More power than the old Colt (700whp plus, plus), 200+ in the Mile, single digit 1/4 mile ET's, still comfortable street able. The car is, and will be cool as shit-but with the chassis design,super short wheel base, and lack of Aero or front end weight/down force, I think ti will be quite sketchy at speed. It will be a great stock motor, 12 to 11 second toy-but thats not going to cut it for me...

Do what you think is right but I hate to say, I would NOT trust that car at 200+. The wheelbase is to short IMO and to be honest I don't think you'll like it at those speeds. You'll have to do a lot of aero work which is going to cost you a LOT more time and more money.

I don't know the condition but I would maybe do a few things and get it ready for sale. If you can break even like it sits go for it, otherwise part it out and clean out the garage for when the time is right... :cool:

It's funny because I've thought a rear-engined civic would be a fun little car to play with. I just never had the skill/tools/time to do it. A CRX is even crazier. I'd love to grab this if you sell it, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to finish it.

A project like this is cool, but if it doesn't fit your goals, don't get tied to it. If your heart's not in it, you won't be happy with the results.

I seem to recall meeting a guy from Cleveland with a cute little white Tercel with giant a "touring" wing, blue racing stripes, huge dual mufflers, and a "custom" '1.3L' decal on the trunk lid. That kid and his buddies thought that was a pretty cool car. ;)

We've come a long way since those days JP. :)

PS ~ Don't make me dig up pics of it. LOL

It was 1.5L ;) But yes, that was fucking terrible-but it did have 3 TV's, a Ps1 and a VCR, so that's obviously cool. :bangbang:

Do what you think is right but I hate to say, I would NOT trust that car at 200+. The wheelbase is to short IMO and to be honest I don't think you'll like it at those speeds. You'll have to do a lot of aero work which is going to cost you a LOT more time and more money.

I don't know the condition but I would maybe do a few things and get it ready for sale. If you can break even like it sits go for it, otherwise part it out and clean out the garage for when the time is right... :cool:

I agree. I dont want another spin out at 200mph. Trust me its not fun.

Really-I could scrap it and be "up". so cost/benefit is not the issue.

It's funny because I've thought a rear-engined civic would be a fun little car to play with. I just never had the skill/tools/time to do it. A CRX is even crazier. I'd love to grab this if you sell it, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to finish it.

A project like this is cool, but if it doesn't fit your goals, don't get tied to it. If your heart's not in it, you won't be happy with the results.

At this point- its literally a wire harness, and fuel line away from firing up. Then, some minor details. I will list everything int he soon to come for sale thread

It was 1.5L ;) But yes, that was fucking terrible-but it did have 3 TV's, a Ps1 and a VCR, so that's obviously cool. :bangbang:

You're absolutely right. I've totally blocked the 3EE out of my head for so long I must've mixed it with the 3EFTE. Crazy talk. Hahaha. I still remember driving through the garage at Easton and you seeing how many alarms you could set off.

I swear I have pics somewhere...

I've known you that long?

Thats almost unbelievable itself!

I intorduced you to some CR guys your first ever trip to Columbus! Remember my buddies Cummings Ram? You climbed up on his tire, peered into the bay, and said, "DAMN! The turbo inlet is big enough to stick my arm in!" That's the same night you tried to get into Shooters in your letterman jacket.

Tercelonline.com days. Hahaha.What were we thinking? :)

I intorduced you to some CR guys your first ever trip to Columbus! Remember my buddies Cummings Ram? You climbed up on his tire, peered into the bay, and said, "DAMN! The turbo inlet is big enough to stick my arm in!" That's the same night you tried to get into Shooters in your letterman jacket.

Tercelonline.com days. Hahaha.What were we thinking? :)

WOW. Talk about turning on the way-back machine!!! Ha! I do remember. I actually turboed' and blew up that Tercel not to long after that. You still on those forums?

Update- CRX is 99.9% staying. I will decide this week. ...

WOW. Talk about turning on the way-back machine!!! Ha! I do remember. I actually turboed' and blew up that Tercel not to long after that. You still on those forums?

Man, haven't been on in years and they demoted me from Admin to member since I haven't been active in forever. :) Not many of the original members left.

Oh, and ditch the CRX. Too sketchy. ;)