HTC incredible

armin922

So to all you HTC Incredible owners if any, do you have any suggestions as to how I can make the battery life on my phone last longer? I just got this phone about a week ago. I know with me on it playing with the apps dont help but still, its pretty bad. Any suggestions, I would appreciate it. THANKS

honestly, the best battery times I've gotten out of my Incredible I got after I rooted it and installed Ultimate Droid 2.0.

Check out some of the forums for our phones. they're a huge help.

I usually visit Droidforums.net

either get an extended life battery, or change your usage habits.

one thing i started doing sometimes, is if im not going to be on my phone for internet (ie, i only plan to use it for calls), i'll go into settings, wireless and networks, and turn off mobile networks. that way its never searching for a 3g or internet signal. i do this most at home, and with my power control bar on my left of center screen, if i do need the internet, i go over a screen and tap the wifi button, and im connected. if im out, its only 3-4 clicks to get the mobile network turned back on

i had like 7 hours of usage and i think 32+ hours of up time last time i did this and watched everything

also, bump charge your phone...charge it until the green light comes on, then turn the phone off and let it charge til its green. i usually unplug it and charge it till green another 1-2x, which probably isnt needed as it goes to green in about 5 min the first time and 2 min after that

and i had an app killer, but took it off. i havent noticed a difference at all.

A lot of it depends on how you are using it. If you place a lot of calls or text then its more difficult to help. If its just data usage do to your phone having a lot of apps/widgets you can easily control that. Without knowing how you are using the phone I would say first to lower your brightness and the time your screen takes to timeout.

That app may have been advanced task killer but your incredible is running android 2.2 I would not recommend it. There could be an issue with the phone or the battery as well as what others have mentioned but how long does it last from fully charged to dead?

For the love of all that is good don't use any kind of task killer.

Like already mention, turn down your brightness. On most phones that's the number one killer of battery. If you go into settings>about phone>battery use, it will break it down for you what uses the most battery. Just looking at mine, the display is 84% then its Android System at 7%.

Besides brightness, turn off bluetooth and wifi if you're not using it. On some phones I've noticed that Cell Standby is sometimes the highest battery drainer, that usually happens if you're switching constantly between edge and 3g or looking for a signal. Also, if your phone and/or battery gets hot, it will also drain faster.