looking for engine

The_buster

Hey Im hopefully going to get a 1990 240 sx after tax return, but it needs a motor. Where is a good place to find a decent one for around $5-$600? The car itself is only 400 so I dont want to spend a ton on the engine and not have enough left to fix up the car. thanks in advance!

I know this isn't what you were looking for but they drop right in and all you have to buy is a fuel pump and FMIC kit off ebay to make it run correctly. They're cheap to mod and alot of fun in stock form too.

http://www.jdmsource.ca/products.php?jdm-nissan-sr20det-s13-blacktop&cPath=7

ok baustert youre mean... now i want a sr20 haha. so I was thinking... a friend of mine has a windser motor and tranny for 600, and i know where I can get a cheap truck with a 444hp motor. I thought about swapping in one of those but its gonna take a lot of work. which would be the better/easier/ and cheapest way to go? I would love to have a v8 in it but ive never done any frame work. any ideas either way is appreciated! thanks!

I have a stock KA24DE (the DOHC one) with 130,xxx miles from a '92 240sx. It has a blown head gasket, still waiting to figure out if the head is cracked. Im just ripping it out and most likely throwing in an RB motor, since there are basically more 240s with SR's than KA's ahha. But yea man join some forums check OhioSX or Ohio Drifting (theres always people getting rid of those on OhioDrifting

**Edit** I'll sell you the motor (and tranny if you need it!) for cheap since the head gaskets blown!