Looking to switch cell providers..

Exodus

Alright, I am paying way too much with AT&T for my iPhone, about 120 a month for 1000 minutes, unlimited web and text. I use about 900 of those minutes a month and about 5gb of data on my 30$ a month unlimited plan. I am looking to switch providers and get a new smart phone and get a similar plan but for less $$. I was thinking about going to tmobile and getting their unlimited everything for 90 bucks a month and a windows mobile 7 phone or an android but I can't decide which provider or which phone I should get. Any ideas?

We pay about $107 after tax for 2 iPhones, 550 minutes + rollover, no text plan, and unlimited data. AT&T FTW, not sure why you are screwed on your plan.

I'm on a family plan with my buddy where we share 2200 minutes, rollover, unlimited everything else and its about 240 a month and so we slip 120 each. It sucks.

i got 4 phones 2 being smart phones with unlimited text on all 4 and unlimited data on the the 2 droid x and 1400 min and 10 free # for 219$ a month with Verizon .

All the individual plans I see are way too expensive.

And this "individual" pricing plan for data from att is bullshit. They know as smart phones become more advanced with better cameras and video calling, they will go over their 200mb or 2gb data limit in a heartbeat.. Thus overage charges.

You would be a fool to give up an unlimited data plan. You think it's expensive now wait until you go over on data in the future.

Yup, thats why I kept it when I signed a new contract. But I can terminate my contract for 60 bucks and go to a different provider.

How can it be that much? Here are their standard rates:

Unlimited minute Family Plan: $119.99

Unlimted Family Text: $30

Two iPhone 2GB data plans (they no longer offer unlimited anymore): $50

That = $200.

Thats what it comes to, 2200 minutes, rollover, both unlimited data ($30) and unlimited texting. Plus taxes.. 240.00 for two iphones.

Thats on aircards and mifi's not phones.

If you are worried about saving money go to Tmobile or Sprint. ATT and Verizon are both expensive.

If I switch to tmobile, what phone do you recommend? I checked out the mytouch "4g" but i'm not really impressed with it. Nor am I sold on android yet..

I like the G2 second to the my touch. Just keep in mind that with android phones you dont get the full feel for it out of the box. Its not until its customized that it will grow on you. If sprints on your list I would go evo.

Another quick note... If you are coming from an iphone you will not be impressed. Its not an upgrade its more of a latteral move. Each phone has its benefits. It will take a little time to get used to but the people I know settle into the android phones after a few weeks.

I like the G2 second to the my touch. Just keep in mind that with android phones you dont get the full feel for it out of the box. Its not until its customized that it will grow on you. If sprints on your list I would go evo.
I like the g2 I just HATE slide out keyboards. I like the HSPA+ network though. I had the nexus one and it was laggy out of the box, same as the droid x i played with on 2.2. How do you feel about WM7 phones?

I like the g2 I just HATE slide out keyboards. I like the HSPA+ network though. I had the nexus one and it was laggy out of the box, same as the droid x i played with on 2.2. How do you feel about WM7 phones?

Better than WM6 :lol: J/k.. My wm6 phone I had before my upgrade met a wall flying at about mach 3. I hated that phone with a passion.

They made a valid attempt to make navigating through the phone easier. The overall software is better but I dont trust them yet. Its more of a windows android apple like experience lol. I'm waiting to see what bugs are found before I refer the phones. I've learned my lesson about being the first one to have a phone with software that is changed that drastically. Simply, it looks and feels good. I would consider it if it were not for past experiences.

Better than WM6 :lol: J/k.. My wm6 phone I had before my upgrade met a wall flying at about mach 3. I hated that phone with a passion.

They made a valid attempt to make navigating through the phone easier. The overall software is better but I dont trust them yet. Its more of a windows android apple like experience lol. I'm waiting to see what bugs are found before I refer the phones. I've learned my lesson about being the first one to have a software that is changed that drastically.

With you there 100% I want one but I am waiting to see what kinks need to be worked out and a better selection of phones.

My vote is tmobile, android, and money back in your pocket. If you are felling froggy a WM7 device and if needed use the return policy.

Tmobile looks like it might have won me over with the 1,000 minutes unlimited everything else plan for 89.99 a month. And the mytouch 4g because its HSPA+ and has a front facing camera just for giggles. Although I wish it had an 8mp camera out back. Its also cheaper if I buy it on amazon.com.

I dont see how everyones plans are so much. Droid, envy3, envy touch, and an alias(something), unlimted texts, free verizon to verizon, free nights and weekends, and shared 2200 minutes is around $110 through verizon. That is with a few corporate discounts and negotiating before signing up. Negotiate your contract dont just pay what they want you to pay. The envy touch and alias required some extra data package. I refused to pay and they waved the fee each month.