Recommend me a remote starter

Sparky

ballpark cost from Pickups Plus? im lookin at the one you can hook to a mobile phone for a vw tiguan and a jeep

The Viper SmartStart? You're looking at $399 for the module, and $50 a year for the service. Can be up to $600 if you need additional remotes.

You guys getting these for more security or just the convenience. I have been kicking it around but not sure I would use it that often.

i got mine so my car wasn't cold when i get in it in the morning. I use mine all the time and I almost died when i bought a new car and didn't have the remote start for about 6 months. I love it and will always have one on my DD.

Thanks for the referrals guys. I have a couple of pm's from this thread already. I should have quotes to most of you this afternoon. As far as remote starts go, we have about 9-10 different versions with upgrade options for each. We carry pretty much the entire Viper lineup and they are offered in both of our stores. Every vehicle is a little different and some vehicles require more parts than others. Our base system starts out at about $239 installed and moves up from there.

If anyone has any questions or would like pricing, feel free to shoot me a pm.

Hey I have my 93 F150 that I'm looking to have this Bulldog remote start that my wife got from someone back in the day that she never installed. So instead of never using on the Jetta or Audi I would like to use it if you are able to do it. My truck does have power locks so I would like that hooked up when we do the install. I would like the parking lights to turn on when it is started, but I think that is just a new relay installed during everything to make that work right? I'm not worried about support on the system or anything after install since this is a $450 truck I'm just trying to keep warm in the mornings. If you can't do this can you let me know who could toss this in for me?

I just did some research. Went to a local audio place and they had a 'code alarm' base remote start for $250 installed.

Then went and saw that best buy has an avital 4111L, which is very basic. Best buy has it listed for $140 installed, but there is a catch, that is a basic install. If you look at the reviews (and I called) if your car has a chipped key, It will be $75 to $125 extra.

I am shopping for my GF's car. I decided to just do it myself and be $70 into it.

Remote Start $35

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280598599072&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_851wt_905

Bypass Module $26

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140484777729&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Everyone who is asking save your car and potentially your wallet a lot of trouble and stay away from best buy. Goto a reputable shop such as PPC. Hack box stores such as best buy hire sometime soley based on the mecp book test which means very little in the real world. Most specialty shops hire based on experience and or reputation which are both far far more important than being able to read a book and pass a test. I installed, sold, and ran high end shops for about 12 years and found that the guys that walked in bragging about their mecp certs could barely install at best. I only hired techs based on verifiable experience and even after many many years installing places like best buy wouldn't even consider hiring me since I don't do boom tests well. I'd feel safe saying there's not a best buy installer anywhere near here that knows half what I know, have done, or can do in my sleep. All in all goto a real shop and steer clear of the box stores. As for brands compustar or anything dei is the way to go. Edited by FST94TSI

Everyone who is asking save your car and potentially your wallet a lot of trouble and stay away from best buy. Goto a reputable shop such as PPC. Hack box stores such as best buy hire sometime soley based on the mecp book test which means very little in the real world. Most specialty shops hire based on experience and or reputation which are both far far more important than being able to read a book and pass a test. I installed, sold, and ran high end shops for about 12 years and found that the guys that walked in bragging about their mecp certs could barely install at best. I only hired techs based on verifiable experience and even after many many years installing places like best buy wouldn't even consider hiring me since I don't do boom tests well. I'd feel safe saying there's not a best buy installer anywhere near here that knows half what I know, have done, or can do in my sleep. All in all goto a real shop and steer clear ofnthe box stores. As for brands compustar or anything dei is the way to go.
So are you sayin' you want to do my 93 F150 that would be the most basic install with no need to bypass anything since it is under 94. ;) Beer money?

I need money right now so that may be a possibility. I'll get back to u soon. What kind of remote start do u have. Or do u still need the unit.
It is called Bulldog Security system that has never been used, but it was free to me so I don't care so long as it works. I can get you the model number and stuff, but it has everything in the box and seems simple as shit to do, but I just don't have much time right now to do it myself or I would. Just to give you an idea the system comes with a VCR tape on how to install it. ;) Plus this is going into a $450 truck. I would like the remote start, locks, and running lights on when started. I think it might need a relay without an extra output power put on, but not a big deal to replace a 4 prong to a 5.