Car Statistics

Adam

Looking at buying a used car and I am way too open to choices. Just wondering if there is a site out there with actual numbers for recalls, and repair type statistics out there. Not the "well I drove my car and it was awesome", or "my truck was a piece of junk" type reviews. Just want to cut through some of the crap and find out if I buy x vehicle and take care of it like I should that it will last longer than y vehicle with the same type of maintenance.

Adam, or whoever is posting a very grammatically, non hillbilly post under adam's name.. If you find a car, pm me about it.. or if its in cbus run it by ntb.. I see 500-600 cars a month for the last 8 years, it gives me a pretty good idea what is or isnt junk.

any car that is properly maintained should give you years of faithfull service.

many cars have maintenance issues that have to be covered but if you know what your getting into ahead of time you can plan for the repairs.

60 degree gm v6 motors eat intakes, older chryslers need the tranny fluid changed every 12k or they die, s- series pickup trucks eat front ends, newer fords have egr pcv coil spring and heater system issues, volkswagens/audis like to kill water pump impellers, have sludge issues on the 18t/20t and lose alignment easily on rough pavement. volvos like to eat strut mounts and whistle when the pcv system clogs up.....

hit me up when you see something you like and I can probably let you know what your in for. both of my dailys are over 200k and still rolling and I sold our old van with over 400k and it still ran like a top. just be willing to put some money in whatever you buy right from the get go so you don't have to worry about it later especially if it doesn't have maintenance records.

Trucks - Really just need to be 4wd and have an extended cab (no 4 door truck), and no full size truck. SUV has to have 4 doors

looking at early 00's s10 zr2's, and Jeep Cherokee's

Cars - pretty much anything, luxury or mileage is preferred

looking at lt1 Impala SS's

Trucks - Really just need to be 4wd and have an extended cab (no 4 door truck), and no full size truck. SUV has to have 4 doors

I love me my 94 Impala SS. Hate to say it though, but to get a good price on one you'll have to buy a donked out on and de-donkify it. Anyone who has an original is asking the moon for it.

My WK Grand Cherokee is amazing. You need to drive it when you get up here.

I love me my 94 Impala SS. Hate to say it though, but to get a good price on one you'll have to buy a donked out on and de-donkify it. Anyone who has an original is asking the moon for it.

I have kbb and nada checked it and most people are about 2 grand more, I am wondering if it is one of the niche cars that you will have to deal with a higher price tag since people still want them.