Android apps and advice.

Exodus

Just got the my touch 4g from tmobile. They matched amazon.com's price of 50 bucks so I got it. I am fairly new to android.. What are some good apps, also anything I should know? When it comes to rooting, is there a single app I can install like cydia or installous to download free marketplace apps? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

No no no. Root your phone. Download applanet.apk and download root explorer. So useful for so many things. I would try to find a good rom for it. Go to xda-developers.com and try to find a good one there. Best place for it. And to learn mroe about your phone.

Audiogalaxy. Play all your mp3s on your computer on your phone in 3G no conversions. PC just has to have an app installed and connected to internet. Also applanet.net. Wireless wired tether for root users if you need mobile internet that works some of the time on verzion :/ and car home beta if you want an alternative car dock app. Also copilot live a turn by turn GPS has the USA maps only on sale for $4.99. All of North America is $30 IIRC. It saves ALL the maps to your SD card. Yes you can use google maps for free but you need 3G or 1X for it to download the maps on the fly. Copilot will work with your radio turned off as long as you have a GPS lock. It is a great backup.

Another one of these threads? lol. get a tethering application for your laptop or computer. works great for when your on your laptop and dont want to pay for internet at mcdonalds, or your ISP is being ghey and isnt providing you quality internet services. There are several out now that dont even require root access and are free of charge.

There are endless applications in the market. The best thing to do when deciding which app to get is to go on an as needed basis. want to know where your mother is? Im sure you could find an app for it. They dont take long to download/install, so no sense in filling your phones memory up already lol.

Another one of these threads? lol. get a tethering application for your laptop or computer. works great for when your on your laptop and dont want to pay for internet at mcdonalds, or your ISP is being ghey and isnt providing you quality internet services. There are several out now that dont even require root access and are free of charge.

There are endless applications in the market. The best thing to do when deciding which app to get is to go on an as needed basis. want to know where your mother is? Im sure you could find an app for it. They dont take long to download/install, so no sense in filling your phones memory up already lol.

My phone has built in tethering, I'm actually using it right now. Its actually faster than my home internet from att.

LauncherPro

Beautiful Widgets

If you have a Chase account, Chase Mobile

Most important of them all: root your phone and get Rom Manager.

This.

Finally rooted my droid after having it since the spring, used SetCPU according to rom's specs, and it is now a lot better than when I first had it.