Some pictures from my road trip across the country

wheezy

Looks like a good 6-day rally, or maybe a two-day Iron Butt ride.

Just kidding. Terrific thing to do and very kewl of you to share this.

The trick will be to continue to have these types of adventures throughout your life instead of doing what most of us do: put them off to some "bucket list" which we never end up having the time or the money or the good health to complete. Don't be like most of us who spend our lives preparing to live. I'd say you're off to a good start. You've got moxie, my friend. ;)

Next idea is to buy a sailboat in a few years, spend a few years fixing it up, then sail around the Caribbean for a winter. Who knows if it will actually happen. I need to get a job first.

I was thinking the same thing.

Awesome times, great memories, cool photos, but the lack of pussy in this thread is disturbing :p

Its pretty hard to meet girls when you are hiking in the woods. I might have met a girl or two while I was working on different farms.

Where was the last picture on your 7th post taken? This is beautiful! Sean and I have talked about doing a trip like this for our honeymoon, I would love to do some real hiking! Grand tetons and Yosemite are my number 1 & 2 for sure and Sean would love to hit the Grand Canyon.

Just as ball park how much does a trip like this cost? I mean we wouldnt take 5+ months but we wold prob do a 2-3 week excursion. Where does one stay (when not camping) ?

Next idea is to buy a sailboat in a few years, spend a few years fixing it up, then sail around the Caribbean for a winter. Who knows if it will actually happen. I need to get a job first.

Its pretty hard to meet girls when you are hiking in the woods. I might have met a girl or two while I was working on different farms.

M dream. I would be honored to be your first mate. plenty of experience on lake erie, although never sailed before.

Where was the last picture on your 7th post taken? This is beautiful! Sean and I have talked about doing a trip like this for our honeymoon, I would love to do some real hiking! Grand tetons and Yosemite are my number 1 & 2 for sure and Sean would love to hit the Grand Canyon.

Just as ball park how much does a trip like this cost? I mean we wouldnt take 5+ months but we wold prob do a 2-3 week excursion. Where does one stay (when not camping) ?

That picture is from Crater Lake National Park in Oregon. It took me like 3 months to make it from Ohio to Seattle. Took like a week to go from Seattle to San Francisco and like 1.5 weeks to go from San Francisco to Florida. I only stayed in 1 hotel in Vancouver with friends the whole trip (they wouldnt sleep in the car). I tried to plan stuff that was within a 10 hour drive or so. If I wasnt camping then I slept in my car which only ended up being like 3 nights of the whole trip. The farms I stayed at were all wwoof farms (http://www.wwoofusa.org/). They give food and a place to stay in exchange for working there. Its a cheap way to travel and its nice staying with locals. I think I spent around 3k and now I'm broke. Someone buy my car.

Yes Im gonna be at the christmas party!

I was pretty disgusted that someone would tag the troll.

Nice! Just got back from a almost 3 week stint-Dallas, Phoenix, Vegas, LA, Aspen, Denver-and back (Chicago..ect). You missed some beautiful country from the leg of El Paso to Texas.

How much did the trip cost you? 5.5 Months is a long time to be gone even if you are staying with friends.

Nice! Just got back from a almost 3 week stint-Dallas, Phoenix, Vegas, LA, Aspen, Denver-and back (Chicago..ect). You missed some beautiful country from the leg of El Paso to Texas.

How much did the trip cost you? 5.5 Months is a long time to be gone even if you are staying with friends.

I need to go on another trip sometime to see Craters of the Moon in Idaho, Zion and the Canyonlands in Utah and I wouldnt mind going back to all the places I already went. I somehow managed to spend around 3k mostly on gas and beer.

I need to go on another trip sometime to see Craters of the Moon in Idaho, Zion and the Canyonlands in Utah and I wouldnt mind going back to all the places I already went. I somehow managed to spend around 3k mostly on gas and beer.

the run from Vegas to Aspen was some on the most scenic shit in this country, save parts of Alaska.

But, IMO once you've experienced it-I personally would not mind moving on to the next thing. South America, the Philippines, Asia.....ect.

If you want to keep it to a drivable distance, check out Canada as well (summer only!!!) of make a run to the Keys. Its funny when you get to Jacksonville, and your like Fuck I'm only 1/2 was there!

2 drive's I'd recommend to you-

1) Drive the A1A. Pick it up in St. Augustine-run it to the keys. You may never come back!

2) take the Southern Route to San Diego. (Start at say Savana, GA) Run through Golf Coast, Houston, see the Alamo, West Texas, See NM, South AZ.

THEN- Run up Pacific Coast Highway. IMO, a must do once for anyone who claims to be a "car guy".

the run from Vegas to Aspen was some on the most scenic shit in this country, save parts of Alaska.

But, IMO once you've experienced it-I personally would not mind moving on to the next thing. South America, the Philippines, Asia.....ect.

If you want to keep it to a drivable distance, check out Canada as well (summer only!!!) of make a run to the Keys. Its funny when you get to Jacksonville, and your like Fuck I'm only 1/2 was there!

2 drive's I'd recommend to you-

1) Drive the A1A. Pick it up in St. Augustine-run it to the keys. You may never come back!

2) take the Southern Route to San Diego. (Start at say Savana, GA) Run through Golf Coast, Houston, see the Alamo, West Texas, See NM, South AZ.

THEN- Run up Pacific Coast Highway. IMO, a must do once for anyone who claims to be a "car guy".

I'm gonna stay here like 2 more weeks. If I can't find a job I'm going back to the farm in Oak Hill, Florida that I've worked at before. Probably gonna go to the everglades and keys first and take a1a back north.

When I was in cali I took 101 to 1 when I went from Redwoods National Park to San Francisco. Pretty amazing drive. Another good drive was going through the Cascades on Route 2 in Washington.

They said the water in Crater Lake is the cleanest because only rain and snow feed it.