Lowes

evan9381

usually, i like lowes. lately, not so much

about a month or so ago, i was contemplating replacing my front door. went to lowes, got a quote for one door, home depot quoted me a lot less for basically the same thing, and a lot quicker (like $440 @ lowes, and 3 weeks vs $290 at HD, and like 5 days). the guy at lowes said they dealt with a company who made the size door i needed, 2" shorter than standard, but he couldnt get ahold of them because it was late on friday. said he'd call me monday with the price on that one

monday comes, it wasn't much less than their original quote (like $390). i told him that i'd probably end up going with home depot when i got around to doing it, since i would save over $100. well, he calls me a few days later saying they can do the first door for like $270. cool. by this point the bit of nice weather mid nov was gone. i told the guy i'd let them know when i was ready to do the door, since im not going to knock out the whole door in this cold as hell weather

well, since then, im getting at least 2 messages a week, wanting to know if i am still interested in the door. same thing every time, he gives his number and hours. getting real old now. one would think that since i told him once "ill get with you guys once im ready to do this project", and then ignoring all phone calls and messages for a month, that they'd get the idea.

This happened to us when we priced a french door at Home Depot. I told the guy from the get go that I wasn't planning on doing it for a few months and that I would be installing it myself. He then proceeded to call my house and leave messages everyday for 2 weeks asking if we were going to buy the door and to let us know about installation specials.

FYI on prices - Lowes will price match any written quote, even internet. We just replaced our front door with a really nice ThermaTru and we knocked a really good chunk of money off by shopping around. I got the quote from an internet company and took it to them, they matched it and said they would be losing money on the door. And they didn't even ask to match it with freight included.

I will be needing a new front door and back door soon. I am a little apprehensive about installing them myself though...

Wait til spring and oce i learn how to do it on mine, ill come do yours. It doesnt look hard, just making sure it is square is really the biggest part before you nail into place. I would have done it already but it's been too cold lately...I'm gonna wait until probably april or may when it warms up.