Dryer heater coil took a shit!

Putty

I replaced one on my dryer a few years back. Googled the model number, ordered the part from a reputable online parts supplier and replaced it in an afternoon.

The drive motor burned out a week later and I tossed the damn thing. This was a ten + year old dryer, your experience should be better.

damn 100$ for a heater coil?! I think mine was like 24$ but my dryer is a few years old and def not as fancy as a front loader. There are a few parts stores in columbus you could probably buy the part from them and maybe even a manual on how to change it out. I remember when you bought that set last year, sucks it only lasted a year did it have a warranty or anything?

check the 220 that all leads are connected, i thought mine went out, find out that one of the 220 wires weren't hooked in the outlet when i moved it.

Well would this be a case of it never working? It just stopped.

Well would this be a case of it never working? It just stopped.

if it has supply from one lead, it will still power the unit up, but wont heat, confused my why all the sudden my dryer stopped working, then opened the outlet and saw one was disconnected, when i moved it, reattached and it heated.

not sure if you moved it or came undone but worth a shot. check to make sure you are getting 220v

Mod - wed8500sr0. Yes, it tumbles, just no heat!

Here's the part you more than likely need.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?part_id=3866035

I called Columbus Appliance and Parts on W. Broad St across from Westland Mall and they said they could have the part in for you tomorrow (Thursday) and it's $79.90.

I called Columbus Appliance and Parts on W. Broad St across from Westland Mall and they said they could have the part in for you tomorrow (Thursday) and it's $79.90.

Man...thanks alot! That looks like a simple piece to install, if it's easily accessible. Thoughts?

thats were I got the igniter for my stove on Mon.

I've bought several things from them and they are cool to deal with. I'd give everything a good visual inspection. Maybe check the plug for the element with a multimeter and make sure the part is getting power before buying a new heater.

this is what mine did when it didnt have a full 220V

Hmmm, someone told me to toggle the breaker just for the hell of it and I have not tried that yet. It would make more sense of this being the issue, since the set is just over a year old, but my luck, it's the costly problem.

Hmmm, someone told me to toggle the breaker just for the hell of it and I have not tried that yet. It would make more sense of this being the issue, since the set is just over a year old, but my luck, it's the costly problem.

Charles if the element is bad the spring will be broke in two. If you need a hand pulling it apart let me know I can give you a hand.