The story behind "Star Bangle Banner"

Forrest Gump 9

Good luck fact checking that story. It's a nice "feel good" story but I can't believe that the details are 100% accurate.

I will agree that we have as a nation lost sight of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit Of Happiness....we try too hard to guarantee happiness.

Here is the story I know of the anthem. I will state before I click the link to see if I am write. There was a battle at some fort, I believe after days of battle the losers were leaving and one guy seen a huge flag flying high above the ft they could not conquer. He jotted down his thoughts which later was adapted to another french song to become what we know as the start spangled banner. Here I go to see what the link says.

As far as I know it was written while there was a battle going on at Fort Henry. Francis Scott Key wrote it while he was watching the British bombing it.

I'm not even from this country...noobs.

close it was Fort McHenry during the War of 1812.

here is more info.

http://www.miketodd.net/encyc/anthem.htm

That's cool. My uncle visited Vietnam about 45 years ago, he had a good time.

My family is from the south. My dad and uncles were in the south army.

http://www.urnews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/fall_of_saigon-500x327.jpg

Indeed, a very sad day. Because days like that my family are here in the US and may be my children will have a better future than me.