Car Total Loss due to deer/vandalism, need help with insurance.

EVILGTP98

Hey guys, long story short, few weeks back I hit a deer in my GTP, pass side front bumper is in back seat, mashed whole front corner, hood, fender, headlights, bumper. Made insurance claim, still drove car for a week till I decided what to do, got a flat a week later, just took the tire off and left the car, fix it the next night, went back, somebody pried drivers door open, smashed dashboard, pryed open glove box to pop trunk, stole my floor jack and dewalt drill bit set and my one good working headlight from under the hood, on my god damn birthday to boot. Rough week I know, make another insurance claim, car was finally went over today by body shop, through the grape vine heard it was a total loss. Progressive called, didnt have a chance to talk, my question is I KBB the car, looks like between 2000 and 3500 current pricing. My problem is I have got a newer ported and pullied blower on the car, my reprogrammed computer, thrasher intake, exhaust, alot of stuff I would like to sell or at least hang on to.

Question is where do I proceed now, never done this before so I am kinda in the dark on what to do. I would like to buy it back from the insurance and strip it and part it out but how does that work. Next I am preparing myself for a lowball offer from the insurance company, anything that can be done bout that? Any help would be great, feeling like I am gonna get the shaft on this whole deal. Thanks guys

Show them receipts and such showing how much the car has been kept up on and prove that it was in great shape before all this went down. Then if you want to buy it back you'll have to agree on what they think they'll get out of the car by selling it and subtract that price out of the first figure. You get a salvage title, and a check for the difference.

Need insurance info. Full Coverage or Liability? Sounds like you have Full Coverage.

You can claim 1 year of modifications on the car with reciepts if you have full coverage.

3 Options if the car is safe and drivable...

1.Total the car, have them take it, and take their check.

2.Keep the car clean title, only taking part of what they would pay out, and repair the car with the money.

3.Have them find you a like kind quality car.

(Apparently I typed a little slow tonight, none of the above was there)

Car had full coverage, 100 dollar deductable, I may be able to track down a few recipts for the modifications. Ill have to dig through my old files to see what I got. The car drives pretty well, got a slight vibration from a wheel bearing going out. Down side is no headlights cause one was destroyed and the other stolen. Transmission was replace a while back but its been babies since it went in so I am sure its in all right shape, motor still fires right up on the turn of the key even though it has 215,000 miles. Just trying to figure out what to do.

If they offer me enough for a total loss I would mind so much not getting my shit but as we all know insurance is not notorious for being generous in pay off totals. Ill have to look into a private adjustor. I wouldnt mind getting into a 1g awd as a trade up, we will have to see.