computer people... HELP

Exodus

I can't figure this out... Heres whats going on.

My computer is an HP:

Phenom x4 quad core cpu

4gb ddr2 6400

on board video... etc..

and the rest is the same old.

It stopped displaying picture one day so i put in an external video card, and nothing, then tried new ram and in different slots... nothing, also tried resetting the cmos and did a reflow on the board.. nothing. I diagnosed it as a bad mobo. I ordered a brand new one from HP and same problem. I tried different phenom processors, different ram in different slots, different computer cases, different power supplies, played with the jumpers, different video card and monitors, I even hooked it all up outside the machine and it still wont work..

Any ideas? This is pissing me off.

take that shit to microcenter or something. you cant just plug an external vid card in and it "works" magically. gotta load drivers and shit i'd imagine. ignore the RAM, its not gonna cause a "no video" issue, but you would get a message during BIOS that your memory is bad.

could be your monitor, tried another monitor?

Page 1: Ask yourself if it could be your monitor, try another monitor

Fixed.

True story: My sister called me with an issue with her HD TV.

Question 1: Is it plugged in?

Answer 1: Of course

Question 2: Is your cable box pluged in?

Answer 2: Silence

:rolleyes:

are you even able to see the post? can u get into the bios? if so, plug your monitor into the default onboard video port. disable onboard video. plug in your pci video card/monitor and the motherboard will recognize it as a display device.

take that shit to microcenter or something. you cant just plug an external vid card in and it "works" magically. gotta load drivers and shit i'd imagine. ignore the RAM, its not gonna cause a "no video" issue, but you would get a message during BIOS that your memory is bad.

could be your monitor, tried another monitor?

Fixed.

he said he tried different video cards and different monitors.

Take the ram out and every component out besides the proc and see if the board beeps codes. A HP should beep 3 times to recognize the memory is out. If not, board is bad. If it does, onboard gpu could be bad. Replace the board. A dedicated video cars could fix the problem, but i think both boards are bad.

are you even able to see the post? can u get into the bios? if so, plug your monitor into the default onboard video port. disable onboard video. plug in your pci video card/monitor and the motherboard will recognize it as a display device.

wont even post.

I have my my A+ certification and 3 other Microsoft certs plus my CCNA. I should be able to fix this but i'm stumped.

Usually with another video card I should see something in the bios, but of the 4 cards i have tried i get nothing. Even onboard.

Take the ram out and every component out besides the proc and see if the board beeps codes. A HP should beep 3 times to recognize the memory is out. If not, board is bad. If it does, onboard gpu could be bad. Replace the board. A dedicated video cars could fix the problem, but i think both boards are bad.

Doesn't even beep. I guess it is possible HP sent me a NEW "bad" board.

I had something very similar to this happen last year with a computer I built for my parents. Was probably the smoothest build I've ever had, no problems whatsoever. Then about a month after, same kinds of problems you're having. Tried a new video card, got a new motherboard, etc., etc. I worked on it off and on for MONTHS and just gave them my laptop to use until I fixed it if I ever did. I gave up on it for probably 3-4 months then took a look at it again randomly one day and everything worked perfectly fine. I did nothing. So try that... nothing.