WTB: Hot tub

unfunnyryan

When their empty and depending on the size, they can be lifted with a few guys. I have moved my 7 person one by myself to 3 different houses. Its not bad. I lift a side and put it on a cart then the other side. I found wagons are very easy to use. The bad thing is that the heat and water do major damage to older models where alot of wood is used instead of plastic/composite like newer models today. While it may look perfect sitting there where it has never moved, as you move it and the subsequant trip they can look like 2 different tubs. Hot tubs are alot of work so be prepared.

When their empty and depending on the size, they can be lifted with a few guys. I have moved my 7 person one by myself to 3 different houses. Its not bad. I lift a side and put it on a cart then the other side. I found wagons are very easy to use. The bad thing is that the heat and water do major damage to older models where alot of wood is used instead of plastic/composite like newer models today. While it may look perfect sitting there where it has never moved, as you move it and the subsequant trip they can look like 2 different tubs. Hot tubs are alot of work so be prepared.

Sounds like some sound advice. I am prepared to pay out the ass for a new cover if needed, and was planning on avoiding any wood because I felt plastics would be lighter and easier to move.

Sounds like some sound advice. I am prepared to pay out the ass for a new cover if needed, and was planning on avoiding any wood because I felt plastics would be lighter and easier to move.

are you going to be able to wire up the electrical if you're at an apartment? also, i hope the concrete isnt too thin because the weight can crack it.

Old means the electronics have probably been replaced with(hopefully) a new power pack. And you should look for this if your going old Ryan. The newer packs which are basically a whole new electrical system, are smaller, easier to maintain and much more efficient. If your looking for 1-2 people, look for a softside tub. They are obviously light, and really small.

We have outlets on the patio. One has a GFCI on it and the other is just sort of hanging out of the wall :lol:. How much do they normally draw? I am going to check what breaker controls the outdoor outlets sometime tomorrow to make sure its enough.

I've noticed that the older ones are 220, and I wouldn't have a huge problem setting one up for 110 by myself. Can't be any harder than rewiring a furnace can it? Although I would really like to avoid this, if possible.

As for the patio, the concrete looks good and I doubt the complex would even notice if it cracked lol. Not really sure what the official policy on hot tubs is though :)