Project ZOMFG!!!!

Patterson

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope your not ahead, you are about dead even.

Math boy. Monies earned parting out the GST-purchase price of BMW (including a new stereo) = Erik has money left over.

In terms of build quality in cars? Bimmer whoops that DSM's pimpled ass hands down. Even with twice the mileage. German cars FTW. Never shall I stray again.

Iv had both, the bmw will fuck your wallet. Bought my 325i with 79k miles. Front sturts/lower ball joints, rear shocks, Abs light, leaked a shit ton of Oil. The big one was the themostat getting replaced every 2 years. The car was a complete electrical nightmare.

Iv had both, the bmw will fuck your wallet. Bought my 325i with 79k miles. Front sturts/lower ball joints, rear shocks, Abs light, leaked a shit ton of Oil. The big one was the themostat getting replaced every 2 years. The car was a complete electrical nightmare.

You bought poorly.

I didn't realize you just picked the car up. Congrats on the new purchase and it was funny as hell watching you try to load the end table into the car.

Yeah I don't screw around with temp tags. They're like homing beacons for ratards to hit you. It was a typical adventure for me.

You must be retarded. Replacing a thermostat is like $20 if you do it yourself, and if you cant do that you must be a regular hellen keller. All the peripherals on these can be found for decent prices.

You guys are killing me. :)

Did a little house keeping this week. I bent a wheel on Wednesday, got a new one installed Friday. Thanks to Shanton for that one.

I've had a brake light out all week as well. Replacing the bulb didn't do anything, so a little more digging and thanks to the ODC I ended up with a brake light circuit failure. 18 bucks later and a new brake switch all is well.

On deck this week are gathering parts to replace the worn out, craked and generally hosed intake parts for new stuff. The nightmare of fab work begins. 3 45's, some Silicone couplers, and filter need to be ordered. Since I don't have a billion dollars for an exhaust I'll have to build my own for that too.

Hopefully this week will be nice enough to get some decent pics. Exhaust stuff should be here this week as well as a few other important bits. :ninja: Right now the big one is finding a way to tune it. OBD2 stuff is still in the early stages of being decoded. Conforti has a couple of flash tuners but they have generic off the shelf tunes. I want to see if they can change a few functions around to do other things. I'm on the hunt for an LSD, OBD1 Intake manifold, and cam cores to send off to Delta. Finally things are getting interesting.

nice pickup, getting a 96 328is tomorrow, any idea where I can find door panels the ones in this car are shit

color?

2dr?

4dr?

fronts or rears?

I just fixed one of my door panels in my E36...if yours are fixable, I can show you how.....show me some pics and I can try to help

color?

2dr?

4dr?

fronts or rears?

I just fixed one of my door panels in my E36...if yours are fixable, I can show you how.....show me some pics and I can try to help

Cars green/tan interior 2 dr 5 speed with149k on the clock and its the front door panels

also signed up for ohio bimmers so ill be posting in there too (same screenname) will take some picks tomorrow

Cars green/tan interior 2 dr 5 speed with149k on the clock and its the front door panels

also signed up for ohio bimmers so ill be posting in there too (same screenname) will take some picks tomorrow

if your problem was anything like mine, it should be fixable... I had some guidance from http://www.allsherinteriors.com/ but I did it myself

I post on ohiobimmers a fair amount too

sorry for the offtopicness, OP

now back to your regularly scheduled ZOMFGness with the Patter$on

if your problem was anything like mine, it should be fixable... I had some guidance from http://www.allsherinteriors.com/ but I did it myself

PFFFTtt this is all about off topicness.

thanks for the info would like to pick your brain once i dive into fixing the interior

and back to other off topicness

Oh noes. On-Topic stuffs. Finally got the headers in today, tomorrow off to Moorespeed for some work that will set the stage for some future "plumbing" projects. Not gonna lie, I got the headers from Ebay. Just as with the last two sets I've bought off there I'm impressed. Clean welds, decent polish job. Too bad they're gonna get coated. I'll throw some pics up tomorrow after I get the car back.

Since this thing is OBD2, and more than a bear to tune, I think I'm gonna go with a few MSD parts for Timing and Ignition control. It's a simple answer for the result that I need, and it should work flawlessly. Between all the coating work I've got right now, this project, and a regular job, it leaves little time for anything else. What fun.