Anyone into Baja VW's?

AWW$HEEET

Rust X100, battery is under the rear seat it is the MOST common place to find a hole or a rough in weld job.

Great vehicles, easy to work on we see a couple every year here at the shop. I personaly don't like driving them. They have little steering response, weak sauce brakes. Oil leaks are very common from everywhere.

Anyone? I'm interested in getting a running lifted beetle, but possible simultaneous project. Seems like the aftermarket is endless, and the summer cruising would be awesome!

Any tips/tricks/advice/forums/personal experiences?

Yea endless amounts of parts due tob people used these an there parts in southern california offf roading. Booyah. Get one from so cal for a good price rust free

Yea endless amounts of parts due tob people used these an there parts in southern california offf roading. Booyah. Get one from so cal for a good price rust free

problem with that is that I don't wanna drive all the way from Cali to here. maybe "dont wanna" should be replaced with Im not familiar enough w these deathtraps to drive one across the country, should I break down.

Have one shipped for less than a grand, probably $5-$700 realistically. Even if you add that to the purchase price it'd still be less than fixing a rust bucket from around these parts...

I had a 1970 superbeetle about 5 years ago...always wanted to baja it out but sold it before I did anything with it. Steering/brakes are ancient, just fyi.

Have one shipped for less than a grand, probably $5-$700 realistically. Even if you add that to the purchase price it'd still be less than fixing a rust bucket from around these parts...

I had a 1970 superbeetle about 5 years ago...always wanted to baja it out but sold it before I did anything with it. Steering/brakes are ancient, just fyi.

there has to be a way to upgrade all of this. its not rocket science to add some functional bushings and hydraulics.

It's a more of a copper/orange. If I recall I got it from Mitsubishi. I've put maybe 50 miles on it in 6 years. I pulled the motor out last fall to detail it, and it still sits in the garage to this day. Strangely I don't feel sorry for it.

Try this one:

http://s523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/Pats16Valve/Beetle/

It's a more of a copper/orange. If I recall I got it from Mitsubishi. I've put maybe 50 miles on it in 6 years. I pulled the motor out last fall to detail it, and it still sits in the garage to this day. Strangely I don't feel sorry for it.

Try this one:

http://s523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/Pats16Valve/Beetle/

i think any photobucket is pwned. ill check it out on my phone. id probably end up sawzall'ing off the fenders and putting mickey thompson's on it.