Screw Reynoldsburg

Nitrousbird

well at least they spend the money on something. pataskala passed a tax this year that was supposed to help fix streets and what not. i live just off the north side of summit (if you had been down that road recently before they finally fixed it, im sure your cars suspension hates you). people called and complained that the whole road needed to be repaved. What did the ass holes do? they filled the holes with gravel several times before getting enough complaints and finally fixed it right.

so instead they repaved my whole street :) taylor road :)

All areas are taking a hit and having trouble with home sales. Its funny that the people in each city think the other ones suck. I have been in reynoldsburg for 15 years now and although I havent seen any real change eithe rgood or bad, I have seen some improvements to the infrastructure. The have been some beautification projects which have taken place. We have been plagued with a city council that cant seem to adequatly capitalize on the improvements it attempts. We are stalemated in the fact that we consider ourselves a small town city yet lack the design of one. As stated earlier tha lack of any major kind of real "small town feeling" downtown is hurting us. If they would totally revamp the small area on main st. we have or completely build a whole new downtown feeling area we would drastically change the city. Theres a small undeveloped area thats not really known that could work nicely.

No, it's not. If you want anal rape, try Pickerington.

Pickerington is a lot nicer than Reynoldsburg. This is a fact.

All areas are taking a hit and having trouble with home sales. Its funny that the people in each city think the other ones suck. I have been in reynoldsburg for 15 years now and although I havent seen any real change eithe rgood or bad, I have seen some improvements to the infrastructure. The have been some beautification projects which have taken place. We have been plagued with a city council that cant seem to adequatly capitalize on the improvements it attempts. We are stalemated in the fact that we consider ourselves a small town city yet lack the design of one. As stated earlier tha lack of any major kind of real "small town feeling" downtown is hurting us. If they would totally revamp the small area on main st. we have or completely build a whole new downtown feeling area we would drastically change the city. Theres a small undeveloped area thats not really known that could work nicely.

They can spend money all day and that's not going to help. This is what will help Reynoldsburg:

- More cops - a lot more cops. Get tough on crime

- Quit spending on any stupid project. Run it like a business.

- Lower the tax rates, both residential, and tax incentives to businesses.

Reynoldsburg will never be a Westerville, New Albany, Worthington, Dublin, Powell, etc. It isn't meant to be, and that's not a bad thing. The focus should be a clean/safe area to live, with reasonably priced homes. And at one time, this is EXACTLY what Reynoldsburg was.

I have never had any issue in any of the houses I have lived in while in Reynoldsburg. I dont know what you mean when you say we need more cops. I dont see what issues your basing this on? There are no major crime issues that I am aware of. We do have a few bad areas, century city being one and post woods are the other. Unfortunately they mix the kids amongst the schools to prevent all the kids that tested low from driving down an entire schools mandated scores. I dont like this especially since I have sacrificed to buy a nicer house and have expectations for the kind of kids I want to subject my own kids to. I agree they dont necessarily seem to have a long term plan in place when they spend money. They have misappropriated money but you can have that anywhere. Pickerington is undergoing a massive issue right now with drugs. Drugs are a huge problem in their schools right now to a point they have gained national attention. So there is good with bad. I graduated from Pickerington and theres alot of people who will tell you they would never subject their kids to pickerington schools. Myself being one.

I dont see what you mean by a "westerville, powell, dublin, ect......". theres alot of money in reynoldsburg if you know where to look for it.

What numbers are you guys pulling? Heres what franklin county auditor website says about my parents house.

Tax Year 2010

Annual Taxes

$11,886.60

suck a fat one

Whats the name, I have to see this to believe. Edit, I did a search and if thats your parents, thats fucking crazy high.

when I lived in Blacklick, my taxes were 3800 a year... now in my new place, for 2010, my property taxes will be around 800... unfortunately, 2011 they will probably quadropple, but until then I'll enjoy a lower tax payment this year :)

$2740 a year?! That's horse shit. I pay almost that for my house and you know all about my house and area. I'd be pissed. :mad:

The auditor's site actually has the square footage of my house wrong, but I don't care, as that would just make my taxes go up... :lol:

$2740 a year?! That's horse shit. I pay almost that for my house and you know all about my house and area. I'd be pissed. :mad:

The auditor's site actually has the square footage of my house wrong, but I don't care, as that would just make my taxes go up... :lol:

No shit...we both know your house is FAR nicer, bigger, a lot more land, and in a MUCH better area.

Yet somehow people in this thread think that is a fair tax rate, lol.

No shit...we both know your house is FAR nicer, bigger, a lot more land, and in a MUCH better area.

Yet somehow people in this thread think that is a fair tax rate, lol.

I'm guessing Wease lives in an unincorporated area, which helps a lot.

edit - now that I think about it, the city he is near or in actually has a decent rate. I know some friend's parents live there, and their ~$250k house is about $5,000 a year in taxes, which really isn't terrible.

Unrelated, but my cousins decided they needed to leave New Albany because they were tired of paying $40,000 a year in property taxes. Can't say that i blame them. They now live in the general vicinity of Wease.

Been in Reynoldsburg only for a month or two. I have yet to see any crime which amazes me (I came from a place where we used to count the sirens and cop choppers on a Friday night lol). My house in the median house price level for my neighborhood. I couldn't be happier. Taxes seem within the norm..

I live in the same area as Joe, Delaware zip code, but we're basically Powell. Joe and I live maybe 3/4 of a mile apart.

Yeah, can't remember why but I was at your place once years ago. I knew you were on the outskirts of Powell but had no clue what its actually considered there. I didn't realize Joe lives that close.

My taxes started off around $1600 a year on my $140,000 house, but for whatever reason just jumped about a thousand. Suddenly, its kind of expensive to live here.

I live in the same area as Joe, Delaware zip code, but we're basically Powell. Joe and I live maybe 3/4 of a mile apart.

.4 miles. My back yard backs up to Powell addresses, and there are address further away by a couple of miles into the country that are Powell.

My taxes in Grove City are $7207.44 for 2010 and they are going up again because of the tax levi for Southwest Schools which is one of the worst districts in the state. With the housing market mess I am pretty much stuck until I can recoop some of our investment.

yikes....

We bought a short sale in Delaware country a little over 1.5 year ago and just had the home devalued to the purchase price on the property which helped save us about around 800 dollars a year in taxes... We were right around 4700 for 200,000 dollar home.