floor cleaning?

russian rocket

hey guys i was seeing if you can give me some advice on how to clean my basement floor.

i have a regular basement floor but the previous owner coated it and added what im guessing is sand. so now the floor is basically sand paper.

i have used a sponge mop, but not only does that take forever but it also disintegrates after a couple uses.

the other day i bought a mop from walmart, im guess this thing is only meant for smooth floors because it too started to come apart when i started using it.

do you guys think that i should go buy a mop from lowes or menards, like the kind they use in restaurants and stuff? would that hold up to my floor or is there something else i should buy?

how often do you mop your basement? do you have a workshop down there or something? I would go with commercial mop head replacements from a janitorial supply company here local.

its basically a dog kennel for my 2 dogs when im at work. i had an issue with my younger dog pissing down there but i think she finally stopped it, but they still get mud on their feet and track it around down there.

thats kind of what im leaning towards, i just want to make sure it wont disintegrate after the first use.