Anyone interested in Land Speed Racing (1-mile race) if it was in Ohio?

Got-Boost?

Ohio Standing Mile  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Ohio Standing Mile

• Yes
    • No - Why?
    • I would spectate

id enter the s10 with 3.50 gear and some stiffer springs, with street tires,

and the camaro. i know the s10 runs 150s 1/4 id imagine i could go at least to 170s. wich is stupid fast for that big aerodynamic brick wall.

the camaro would be cool. if it was soon id like to try it with it stock.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had a car right now this would so be my thing. I would build a c5 zo6 for this kind of stuff and shoot for 180+ considering in my old ws6 I hit speeds well over 150 with that car in a few races back in the day and it never had a problem pulling in 5th gear. I have an old vid one time where I did something simular to this with yellow vette rob and a few other people. How many miles is it from the rt33 bridge to sawmill bridge? Im just curious to know how far that is?

I've been kicking around the idea of hauling the Camaro to Maxton and see what this is all about. I have no idea what the car would run. I get a kick out of running the quarter mile, running a full mile would be a bigger rush. If I lived relatively local to an event like this I might build a car specifically for top speed.

When you say a one mile drag race, are you talking about multiple cars at one time? Or would this be a time trial format with only one car at a time on the course? I doubt I would be comfortable with multiple cars at a time running.

$300 for the weekend seems high but I would do it at least once. If it were to be 4 or 5 weekends throughout the year I would probably pay a flat fee for a season.

I've been kicking around the idea of hauling the Camaro to Maxton and see what this is all about. I have no idea what the car would run. I get a kick out of running the quarter mile, running a full mile would be a bigger rush. If I lived relatively local to an event like this I might build a car specifically for top speed.

When you say a one mile drag race, are you talking about multiple cars at one time? Or would this be a time trial format with only one car at a time on the course? I doubt I would be comfortable with multiple cars at a time running.

$300 for the weekend seems high but I would do it at least once. If it were to be 4 or 5 weekends throughout the year I would probably pay a flat fee for a season.

Typically it's one vehicle at a time due to safety reasons and timing equipment costs. I have seen them run a few but it was for a TV show/filming and not standard op...

Do they have Radar or Laser to verify speed? :)

They use Tag Heuer timing equipment which I think is a infared beam timing system...

Look forward to seeing you guys come out. I think a few people are going to be shocked on 1-mile speeds. Just to give you an idea.

Stock cars:

335i- 147mph

2010 Camaro - 150ish

2008 GT500 - 159

2010 Gallardo - 168ish

2010 ZR1- 177-181ish

08-09 Viper- 175-178ish

2010 Viper- 181-183ish

2009 GT-R 166-168

VW R32- 135ish

Ford GT- 170-173ish

Modded

2008 GT500 (stock limiter removed)- 167-169ish

2010 Camaro 497rwhp 163mph

2010 ZR1 Lingenfelter 710hp package 195mph

2010 CTS-V 700hp went 184mph

VW GTI 800whp+ went 208mph

HPA R32-TT 169ish

Ford GT (pulley/tune) 184

Edited by Got-Busa?

I would watch for sure, I would consider working the event as a volunteer if they needed it. Don't really have anything that I need to run in a standing mile. Maybe if the MR2 gets a V6 someday I would, but for now nah.

Oh and when you say Port Authority I was wondering if you were talking about the DHL airport strip in Wilmington? If so, the SCCA has been working with them as a potential autocross site since I believe the town now owns it.

Oh and when you say Port Authority I was wondering if you were talking about the DHL airport strip in Wilmington? If so, the SCCA has been working with them as a potential autocross site since I believe the town now owns it.

Yep! That's what they are working on... :D

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=ILN,+Wilmington,+OH&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.042042,67.763672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Airborne+Airpark+(ILN),+Wilmington,+Clinton,+Ohio+45177&t=h&ll=39.431088,-83.789034&spn=0.034341,0.066175&z=14

Ok, who said NO and why?

Nobody will confess to voting no? I can understand not wanting to pay for it, but I have to assume everyone on this site has at least wondered what would happen if they ran their car/bike for one mile flat out. To me it would be worth it to run flat out and not worry about a cop, or another car turning in front of me.

This is something that actually interests me... YES.

Honestly, I don't have the slightest clue what either of my cars would run in a mile. With a 4.88 R&P in the AE86 I'll probably run out of gear before the end of the mile lol. The VR6 is a different story...

This is something that actually interests me... YES.

Honestly, I don't have the slightest clue what either of my cars would run in a mile. With a 4.88 R&P in the AE86 I'll probably run out of gear before the end of the mile lol. The VR6 is a different story...

4.88? FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

4.88? FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

I mean, I opted for 4.88 instead of the TRD 5.3? :lol:

I'm looking for the car to be a quick little sprite, speed isn't something I'm too concerned about for what I intend on doing with the car.