Hello from beavercreek/dayton

everoblivion2005

Hey all, i don't have a bike yet but i am getting one end of april early may. one of my bestfriends, wrillo, got me on here after showing me around a bit. he also takes credit for talking me out of a 1200 as my first bike.... yea i was one of those. anyway hope to see some of you out riding this summer.

welcome another rider in my area thats killer. Where you at I live about 3 minutes from the mall

I live at the intersection of research and Patterson by the Marions pizza of beavrcreek.

i gonna get either an R6, ZX6, XB9R, or GSX-R 600 (in order of want) just depends on prices that i find, looking to spend no more than 4300.

sorry for the double post i'm new to the whole forum thing don't really know how to work it yet.

k just found the edit button:slap:

Edited by everoblivion2005

love that you want an R6 first, but at that price its going to be hard to find a good FI one. do what i should have done and saved a little bit more for a decent second gen and up R6, or at least a bike with FI.

carbs, albeit classic and totally awesome, are a bitch. somewhat similar to girls.

love that you want an R6 first, but at that price its going to be hard to find a good FI one. do what i should have done and saved a little bit more for a decent second gen and up R6, or at least a bike with FI.

carbs, albeit classic and totally awesome, are a bitch. somewhat similar to girls.

i definitely want FI but i'll go carb if i can't find FI for my price, i want this bike to last me all through college (the next three+ years) without me itching for an upgrade.

dont get me wrong, carbs will last. its just a PITA when you see all the guys getting their engine dyno tuned right then and there and go home with a tuned bike, where you have to go home, dig into the carbs, figure out which jet to change and decide between a 158 or a 160 or the many other choices, go back and try again...

it is possible also to convert a first gen R6 carb'd bike to FI for around 200-700 dollars depending on what kind of deals you get, also may be possible on other bikes, but for sure 99-02 R6's. Someone did it on the R6 board im on, going to be my next winter project.