Need distributor for 94 Buick roadmaster lt1

Comebackkid

This made me laugh, if you want an LT1 distributor I would strongly suggest just buying a new one. Those go bad more often then most so get one with a warranty, good used ones are almost non-existant.

and power and gas mileage out of that big ass car with a V8? I guess that depends on your opinion of power and fuel economy. I'm not sure if those have EEPROMs in them or not, they changed PCM set-ups about that time. I'd think it would need a chip.

This made me laugh, if you want an LT1 distributor I would strongly suggest just buying a new one. Those go bad more often then most so get one with a warranty, good used ones are almost non-existant.

and power and gas mileage out of that big ass car with a V8? I guess that depends on your opinion of power and fuel economy. I'm not sure if those have EEPROMs in them or not, they changed PCM set-ups about that time. I'd think it would need a chip.

I'm glad I made you laugh lol. Yes that was me that caledl and yes I do need one brand new. I'll call you tomorrow around 3ish.

Thanks

What's the easiest way to replace the distributor in that car?. I heard it's a pain in the ass.

On an LT1 there is no easy way to do this. You might want to see if there is a fourm dedicated to these cars, or go to camaroz28.com or ls1tech.com and poke around.

I belive the car is ODBI so if someone has LT1 edit or something similar they can monkey around with it. I doubt you will get much of a MPG upgrade, this is nearly a five thousand pound car...

The Opti is not awful to replace, but it takes a bunch of work to get to it since the water pump has to come off. Also the crank pulley needs to come off and is pressed on the crank adapter. In 94 they used a non-vented Optispark, so if you pick one up somewhere make sure it is for 94 or earlier.

As for tuning probably the best option is PCMforless. You can either send them the PCM, or buy the ALDL cable http://www.akmcables.com/ and upload the tuning file yourself. The 94 will use an OBD1 connector.