Decided to try and build my own AR

V8 Beast

After a lot of research I've figured out what I want...

AR-15

16'' barrel

Black

223/5.56

Direct impingement

Primary purpose = Range shooting

Custom parts = None to start. Will do more research on optics, grips, etc.

Price range = under $1k

Note: Not looking to build one at this time. This is a starter rifle for me so being fully assembled is a must. Not looking for a specific manufactuer either.

I have found a few in the $900 range, but having more eyes usually turns out to finding better deals. If anyone has came across any deals please link me to them. Any help is appreciated.

P.S. I'm still a newb so if there is anything else I should look out for or be aware of please let me know.

Edit: See last post.

Edited by V8 Beast

I highly recommend the Smith and Wesson's but not sure if you could grab one at that price. I'll look into some other stuff when I can

like this?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/763/products_id/58560

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/60/products_id/13232

The two above are what I was looking to get after reading a bunch of threads here and on other forums.

Would any of the bushmasters be a better buy? I'm reading through and the slightest change causes a change in price. They really are like stacking legos. I think I spent less time picking a camshaft!

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/60

Edited by V8 Beast

Get a complete lower locally. Shouldn't be more than $250/$300. Next, mail-order an upper from BCM, and bang! Good AR for under $1k.

+1 Hell you order the parts and I will build the lower for you. Check out Dale at Delta Epsilon Engineering in Hilliard. He does the cheapest transfers I know and has good stripped lowers in stock. You lower of choice+BCM upper is the best bang for your buck. PM if you want, I have build 20+ ARs.

If you want a right out of the box blaster, check out CMMG Bargin Bin with Dale transferring it for you. It's like $600 plus transfer. I am at work so I can't link but google "CMMG Bargin Bin Rifle" and it should get you in the right place.

+1 Hell you order the parts and I will build the lower for you. Check out Dale at Delta Epsilon Engineering in Hilliard. He does the cheapest transfers I know and has good stripped lowers in stock. You lower of choice+BCM upper is the best bang for your buck. PM if you want, I have build 20+ ARs.

If you want a right out of the box blaster, check out CMMG Bargin Bin with Dale transferring it for you. It's like $600 plus transfer. I am at work so I can't link but google "CMMG Bargin Bin Rifle" and it should get you in the right place.

All good info here. Don't be nervous about building and AR. Sticking an upper on a lower is two push-pins and that's it. No fitting, filing, messing around etc. You really can't go wrong with a $600 CMMG. Great value, name brand, might have a scratch or blotchy finish... no biggie.