?'s For Insurance People/ Body Shop/ Repair Guys About Insurance Claims

CJINOHIO03

Not saying you are wrong but, that sounds backasswards. If I am paying the premium I should receive the benefit....

still the titled owners vehicle.....

so if I gave my car to my brother and he insured it and wrecked it, he should get the money b/c he carried insurnace on it? I don't think so, it would still be my car.

Not saying you are wrong but, that sounds backasswards. If I am paying the premium I should receive the benefit....

so, for instance, if you're a 19 year old kid who's pissed at your parents and you pay your own insurance but drive their G-Wagen, you think it'd be right for the insurance company to cut you a check for $80k if you "accidentally" went into a ditch on 270?

Person that the car is titled to is generally the one that gets the $$$$. If it gets totaled and there is an issue like a divorce, then the Insurance company may cut the check out to both parties...That way you have to work it out and not them.

so, for instance, if you're a 19 year old kid who's pissed at your parents and you pay your own insurance but drive their G-Wagen, you think it'd be right for the insurance company to cut you a check for $80k if you "accidentally" went into a ditch on 270?

Yes I do. You are the one paying the premium. Now do I think that the parents would have every legal and moral right to ask for payment of said G and sue you for it if you decline? Yes I do. Who ever is paying the premium should be able to choose the benefactor or be the one insured. Just with like any other type of insurance. Honestly, I didn't think you could carry insurance on a vehicle you didn't own.

Insurance is based on the concept of indemnification; that is compensating for property loss or injury to the one who experiences the loss or injury. Who pays the premium is irrelevant. The one who experiences the loss is who gets compensated.

so if you pay rent and your apt. building burns down should you get the money?

Insurance is based on the concept of indemnification; that is compensating for property loss or injury to the one who experiences the loss or injury. Who pays the premium is irrelevant. The one who experiences the loss is who gets compensated.

^^ This.