Washington D.C. Trip.....

truckin

Stay in Alexandria on the main strip (King street I believe).

There is a hotel allegro there as well as a SUPEr nice Holiday inn Select (dont let the name fool you. Also, there is a hotel indigo there.

cobblestone streets ,market square, all the little shops, the yacht club. That place is my favorite place in the US.

Expedia that shit!!!

Old Town is very nice and wonderful for walks along the water with the wife for that romantic side of you.

Arlington Cemetery and seeing the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Bingo. Been to D.C. quite a few times and this has always impressed me.

As for food, I recommend Old Glory BBQ.

http://www.oldglorybbq.com/regular_menu.php

We went there this last Christmas and it was beyond amazing. That's coming from someone that enjoys Carolina BBQ pretty regularly mind you. ;-)

If you are at King st there is a french bakery called La Madeleine that has the best Creme Brulee I have ever tasted, there bakery is pretty decent.

On the same street there is a tapas joint called La Tasca. Very good lobster bisque and decent tapas.

Alexandria is a very nice place to just walk around and do stuff like others have mentioned.

If you are in Annandale and love fried chicken go to Bon Chon, it is a Korean fried chicken place. It is kind of like bar/ restaurant setting. Expect to wait if you are going on the weekend.

If you are going to Arlington Cemetery, Go check out Georgetown. Great little place to walk around and go to all the little stores.