Coyote hunting tonight

oh8sti

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first got my property at Lake Limestone, I used to camp out at it all the time as I cleared and prepped it. I remember night after night a good sized pack lurking around the treeline, eyes glowing from the campfire and hardly making a noise. Never bothered me and was never afraid of them. Curious, intelligent creatures.

I have hunted them when needed but it was generally with dogs and a handgun.

• 6 months later...
Went out last night to scout around sun down. Sure as shit, 2 motherfuckers just walking through the freshly cut grass out in the field about 100 yards. I didn't have a spot light holder with me so I didn't take a shot, but im goin out tonight with all the equipment. Friend of mine shot a black coyote last week off clarkshaw(runs parallel with hyatts). Thing was massive. Looked like a wolf.

Right now is a bad time to hunt, come early September the pups will be out feeding on thier own. This is the first I've been out in months. The same guy that got the black one has killed 10 in the last month off Clarkshaw road. No calls, just a dog food bait pile at 100 yards.

If someone had a grenade and came over to my place they could probably bag a few of them by throwing it out the roof of my observatory around 1-2 am into the tall grass in my neighbors yard.

*looking everywhere for a granade*

We usually only go out during the late fall, but this year we thought we might be able to get a few earlier since the population is so dense.

I try year round. I don't care about the furs, I just want them dead. Too many dogs around us, not including the 4 at my parents. I think I've mentioned before, but they have killed at least 1 of our beagles for sure, the other just disappeared.

They are all over Marengo... guess they decided to fuck with our neighbors hens the other night and ate them all. if I catch them on my property, I'm shotting at them with whatever I have even if it's just a pistol, don't want those fuckers ganging up on my dogs.

We bought a mule to guard the chickens and goats on our farm out east. My brother in law cares for the place and animals, but since we can't be there 24x7, we were losing baby goats and chickens.

Since we've gotten the mule we've had zero issues. They are excellent protectors. Would easily kick and stomp the shit out of one. Downside is now they are harder to pick off when I'm there wanting to take some out because they are keeping their distance.

Game warden said we are allowed to bait yotes as long as the bait is "covered".

Looks like my possesion limit of geese this fall will include a lot of breasts in the freezer and a lot of yote bait.

We bought a mule to guard the chickens and goats on our farm out east. My brother in law cares for the place and animals, but since we can't be there 24x7, we were losing baby goats and chickens.

Since we've gotten the mule we've had zero issues. They are excellent protectors. Would easily kick and stomp the shit out of one. Downside is now they are harder to pick off when I'm there wanting to take some out because they are keeping their distance.

Llama's are really good guards too (probably the best). They will also keep humans from messing with the livestock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guard_llama

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/man_recoving_from_llama_attack

Well I got one last night. The fog rolled it pretty quick right as he jumped into the corn field. Took the shot and watched as he scrambled around falling and shit. The fog was to dense to track him last night so I went this morning only to find massive amounts of blood and his carcass. Looks like the others ate him haha. I'll take my phone put there and snag a pic if there is anything left.

Goin out again tonight. They just keep coming back.

Well I got one last night. The fog rolled it pretty quick right as he jumped into the corn field. Took the shot and watched as he scrambled around falling and shit. The fog was to dense to track him last night so I went this morning only to find massive amounts of blood and his carcass. Looks like the others ate him haha. I'll take my phone put there and snag a pic if there is anything left.

Goin out again tonight. They just keep coming back.

Keep up the good work