Imports vs. Domestics at MIR

wagner

I have less than $3000 in my car..It runs in the 11's and the motor breaks at 500hp.. What more can i say..lol I never said the motor was bullet proof just saying most 4 bangers are junk but with $10,000 you might have a nice car... Like i said i have had them both and i really am not hating on either.. Truce lol

one of those hatches could be built for around 3000 -5000 to run 10's. NO WHERE CLOSE TO 10G..........

ok ok ok.. This could go back and fourth all day. Get on the website and read a little, they said the race ran over due to all the catastrophic failures from the imports... There were a few domestics that broke but not so much. Like i said i have a friend that went to the race he witnessed the massacre that went down. There are 1000 post on yellowbullet about this race dont take my word for it read it somewhere else. At this level of racing the domestic will always win it has 4 more cylinders. It takes them half the effort to go fast. I am not argueing about this im a fan of both sides.. Conversation over

At this level of racing the domestic will always win it has 4 more cylinders. It takes them half the effort to go fast. I am not argueing about this im a fan of both sides.. Conversation over

The conversation is not over.

You just made yourself look like "that Guy"

Blame yourself look what you just said.

one of those hatches could be built for around 3000 -5000 to run 10's. NO WHERE CLOSE TO 10G..........

seeing as i know jack shit about honda's, ? For you. How reliably could a 3-5k civic run 10's? Im asking because im sure a few of those guys in that video had 10k or so invested, and according superstang, they were still blowing up left and right.

ok ok ok.. This could go back and fourth all day. Get on the website and read a little, they said the race ran over due to all the catastrophic failures from the imports... There were a few domestics that broke but not so much. Like i said i have a friend that went to the race he witnessed the massacre that went down. There are 1000 post on yellowbullet about this race dont take my word for it read it somewhere else. At this level of racing the domestic will always win it has 4 more cylinders. It takes them half the effort to go fast. I am not argueing about this im a fan of both sides.. Conversation over

Then go on yellowbullet and see what car won wild street. I'll save you the time...a honda did and it beat a mid 8 sec vette. I like all these cars but i've been to this race for 3 years in a row and it's far from a domestic won all event. they set up the classes so evenly it's anybodys race.

seeing as i know jack shit about honda's, ? For you. How reliably could a 3-5k civic run 10's? Im asking because im sure a few of those guys in that video had 10k or so invested, and according superstang, they were still blowing up left and right.

reliable if you do it right and take care of the car. That is just some of the peoples problems they throw a cheap setup on and run the piss out of it 24/7and wonder why it broke.

We were at the race and there was breaking coming from both sides. We just tend to push ours harder to see what they will do and it doesn't always work out for the good.

Im more of an import man than anything but I just can't get excited about fwd hondas running. I give some of them much respect for being fast as hell but they're still just boring as hell going down the track. Personally I can't wait to see a couple fast genesis coupes running once they get a couple more years on them the turbo rwd platform will be a great tuner car. Overseas there are already quite a few really fast Gen. Coupes. Rear wheel drive six speed bullet proof turbo motors in these things are a great platform to start a really fun fast tuner car,just waiting for some age so they're a little more affordable to tear apart and mod.

Im more of an import man than anything but I just can't get excited about fwd hondas running. I give some of them much respect for being fast as hell but they're still just boring as hell going down the track. Personally I can't wait to see a couple fast genesis coupes running once they get a couple more years on them the turbo rwd platform will be a great tuner car. Overseas there are already quite a few really fast Gen. Coupes. Rear wheel drive six speed bullet proof turbo motors in these things are a great platform to start a really fun fast tuner car,just waiting for some age so they're a little more affordable to tear apart and mod.

there was one at kilkare this year, but i think he tore the tranny out first pass..

What makes a genesis more exciting then watching a honda? Have you guys really paid attention to the big races or just Tnt around this area? Not saying that a genesis will be a bad car because it won't your right once they are out for a bit and get some tech under the belt they will move. Drive a 160+ 1/4 mile fwd and tell me it's not exciting. A whole different game.

What makes a genesis more exciting then watching a honda? Have you guys really paid attention to the big races or just Tnt around this area? Not saying that a genesis will be a bad car because it won't your right once they are out for a bit and get some tech under the belt they will move. Drive a 160+ 1/4 mile fwd and tell me it's not exciting. A whole different game.

Driving one is probably VERY exciting, but watching not so much.

I just don't like fwd cars for speed that's all. Its just my personal opinion that rwd cars are more exciting to see go fast. The other thing is that the turbo genesis coupes are going to be basically rwd 6sp. Evos. The v6 cars will be insane as the 3.8 is going to make some crazy power numbers and lots of torque for an import car. Like I said I give respect to the fast hondas but they're just not for me.

What's so Sad is take every Turbo off the Imports How fast would they really be?

this fast.

What's funny is if you took any American V8 and made it the same displacement of a honda motor it'd be a shit load slower... But once again, arguing about this is pointless. Different cars are different. People buy what they like and they always think their shit is the shit. That's how it will always be. I just like cars that are fast. Whether that's quarter mile, highway rolls, digs, road course or even autox.

this fast.

What's funny is if you took any American V8 and made it the same displacement of a honda motor it'd be a shit load slower... But once again, arguing about this is pointless. Different cars are different. People buy what they like and they always think their shit is the shit. That's how it will always be. I just like cars that are fast. Whether that's quarter mile, highway rolls, digs, road course or even autox.

Wow i better shut up