CR life experts help me decide

Miller

I'm also in investments, but I'm surprised no one asked first how much money you have (at least, from what I could read skimming over everyones' responses). Throw out the liquor/stogies idea right now, as well as the CD.

I have to agree that good, sound investments make a lot of sense right now. SDY, PFF come to mind. Stocks are going to do well in 2011...

BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>If you have a Mustang just rotting away in storage, you should do what my wife insisted I do (and I was thankful for her "persuasion"): Fix it, or sell it. If you can't enjoy your car by getting it fixed, get rid of it. Even if you still want to get rid of it, you'll get more for a fixed used car if you decide to sell it.

For suits, I don't know what retail establishments are in Burbank, but wait for Jos A. Bank to have a BOGO sale and snatch a couple for less than $500. They will measure you, so you can go to TJMaxx/Marshalls to get your shirts/ties for a lot cheaper (but still get good, pinpoint oxford shirts with 100% silk ties).

End decision? Have $2500 for investments. $600 for two suits, two shirts, three ties. the rest goes to the 'Stang.

I'm also in investments, but I'm surprised no one asked first how much money you have (at least, from what I could read skimming over everyones' responses). Throw out the liquor/stogies idea right now, as well as the CD.

I have to agree that good, sound investments make a lot of sense right now. SDY, PFF come to mind. Stocks are going to do well in 2011...

BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>If you have a Mustang just rotting away in storage, you should do what my wife insisted I do (and I was thankful for her "persuasion"): Fix it, or sell it. If you can't enjoy your car by getting it fixed, get rid of it. Even if you still want to get rid of it, you'll get more for a fixed used car if you decide to sell it.

For suits, I don't know what retail establishments are in Burbank, but wait for Jos A. Bank to have a BOGO sale and snatch a couple for less than $500. They will measure you, so you can go to TJMaxx/Marshalls to get your shirts/ties for a lot cheaper (but still get good, pinpoint oxford shirts with 100% silk ties).

End decision? Have $2500 for investments. $600 for two suits, two shirts, three ties. the rest goes to the 'Stang.

You're pretty damn close to what I have. If I luck out I was looking at $1500-$2000 to the mustang. $2500 to investments. I'm good on clothing if I can manage the stang (if I can't swing the stang I would get a suit and invest the remainder). That's the plan but it is all dependant upon finding the right transmission deal. If ANYONE has found a deal. LMK. Buckeye sent me a contact I'll check with this week.

If I landed a used deal on a tko or auto of some sort I would have "something to enjoy" with my car running again, and plenty of money to save for the future. I just had a lot of bad luck last year buying used and I'm scared to even bother anymore. I was fucked -royally - 3 times last summer. Shmuckingham was the only "used" transaction that didn't screw me in 2010. Thanks bub.

I am not into cars or selling stuff to screw people, thanks for nod.

Doesn't help when you install shit wrong (but inviting me over to watch you fix it while I drank your neighbor's beer was pretty rad)

It was a good time. We would have the work done faster if we would have ran out of beer. :)