33 Speed Lines

SJC1000rr

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They use to put the lines across the road, but now its just small segments. I didn't notice them till I got informed of my speed while following a train of traffic(I was the one to get picked out!?) They are only 1-2ft wide and 3ft long at the edges of the highway. Most of them are on the Eastbound traffic (towards lancaster), but there are few going towards Columbus. The troopers will wait on the West side of 33 across from Pleasantville Rd and when your speed gets called in...out they come and pull you over. When I went down and back, they had at least 1-4 cars pulled over at any given time.

up here just wait for the mailman

never seen pink floyd or a tribute band?..pigs fly bro

Too young to have seen Pink Floyd (:(), but I've seen Wish You Were Here 3 or 4 times now...one show I got wasted and wandered backstage and got autographs from half the band :D So yeah...I know all about Pink Floyd and pigs :)

:nono:

Justify your existence however you please OSHP, we all know that ultimately you're more or less useless. There are many factors that can be dealt with in improving highway safety; you're just picking the easiest and most profitable to enforce.

I dream of a future with a tiered licensing/speed limit system, where people with proper vehicles and training can drive faster than the archaic speed limits set decades ago that don't reflect the advances in automotive technology. Like that'll ever happen...

I have to renew my plates this weekend. I wonder if "FOSHP" is taken?

*edit*

Available....I'm tempted, but I'm willing to bet I'd be pulled over at least once every time I make the trip between Stow (akron) and Columbus on 71 :p

Edited by Harb67

• 1 month later...

Not to resurrect a dead post, but I figured this was related enough!

http://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/article/20090419/NEWS01/904190311/1002/rss01

They clocked motorists at 106 mph on the U.S. 33 Bypass, someone traveling 105 in a 55 mph-zone and one daredevil who soared to 113 mph during their most recent weeklong traffic initiative.

There was a article in Car and Driver not too long ago about the OSHP plane.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/features_classic_cars/busted_from_cloud_nine_feature

One of the pics shows what the speed lines look like. My sister got a speeding ticket when we were heading back to Columbus from Cincinnati a month ago and that is how they clocked her, from the air.

There were 49 crashes in the first quarter of 2008. Of those, 20 were injury crashes.

Also, of those 49 crashes:

There were 45 crashes in the first quarter of 2009. Of those, 13 were injury crashes.

I'm willing to bet that 48 of those 49 crashes had nothing to do with speed, but instead had to do with the people rearending each other at the lights at Pickerington rd. (that cant be removed due to rich people living in the area) and Carroll.

OSHP is as worthless as tits on a boar and will be reduced to a gubment sponsored AAA as soon as you all vote me in as Guvna.

i drive through there 6 times per day, every day. from columbus heading towards lancaster there are many places they like to sit.

1. in the middle turn around just past rt 104 exit. county, state and city.

2. in the middle just past the 270 interchange. city and state usually.

3. in the middle just past the hamilton road exit right before the bridge. groveport, state and county.

4. in the parking lot of the chuch at rager rd. groveport and county.

5. rager rd has a small bridge right when you turn off of 33 on the church side. they will also sit behind the guard rail so it hard see them. groveport and county.

6. just past the speedway at bowen rd you cross into fairfield co. be careful around that right hand curve because the county like to sit there. it is a favorite of the scale enforcement SUV and sometimes a cruiser.

7. just past the diley rd exit in the middle. state usually.

then, of course, the area that has been discussed.

8. there are two allen road intersections. allen used to make a 90 degree curve and crossed 33 twice. the 90 curve was 'cut off' by 33 and now is like two different roads. the second allen rd, on the closed off part that was cut off is where you may see the county sitting to the right, back off the road close to the railroad tracks where you cant see them till it is too late.

9. just down from there is pleasantville/lockville rd intersection. they will sit on the right back behind the trees so you cant see them. this is a favorite of the state and they get a lot of people there. i've seen 2 there at a time. carroll, county and state likes this stretch of road and i've seen 4 LEO's pulling people over as soon as they let one go.

10. just past the carroll light the state likes to sit in the middle right where the bypass splits off.

11. the state likes to sit on the entrance ramps on the coonpath, 188 and 22 exits on the bypass. you wont see them as you approach and they will shoot laser broadside.

12. i have also seen them in every turn around on the bypass. toward the end of the bypass there is a big hill. they like to sit at the bottom of that hill.

you will see state and county in cruisers and SUV's. city of lancaster is not out there much, if at all.

you can get away with 5 over, but i wouldnt push it much more than that. i run that all day and they dont even look at me.

hope this helps...

There were 49 crashes in the first quarter of 2008. Of those, 20 were injury crashes.

Also, of those 49 crashes:

There were 45 crashes in the first quarter of 2009. Of those, 13 were injury crashes.

I'm willing to bet that 48 of those 49 crashes had nothing to do with speed, but instead had to do with the people rearending each other at the lights at Pickerington rd. (that cant be removed due to rich people living in the area) and Carroll.

OSHP is as worthless as tits on a boar and will be reduced to a gubment sponsored AAA as soon as you all vote me in as Guvna.

In science class we would call 4 less crashes standard variation or relative error, depending... in other words 4 less crashes doesn't mean shit; show me 10 less crashes and maybe I'll start to think that its possible that OSHP might be doing something.

I think that in the interest of population control and natural selection we should remove speed limits and install speed minimums, like in Fahrenheit 451. And if I'm one of the "daredevils" that gets smashed out of existence, I'm fine with that.