Looking for Audi engine... 2.7T Who to talk to?

IVRINGS

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ebay have couple 2.7tt engines, but they are $2K+. Good luck with your project, but why can't you just buy the V6 A4 and turbocharge it?
The 3.0's have issues with boost it seems. So many people blow engines with the SC cause they can't make it run right still. Plus the SC is the only aftermarket thing you can do to the 3.Slows. Plus the 2.7's for the most part is cheaper too.

Why no vr6. It was mentioned earlier but glossed over.
The engine bay is made to fit the 2.7T better then the VR6 motor. I've seen some VR6 fit into the bay, but most have to cut some of the front up. The 2.7T will look OEM when I get it into the bay. Plus it uses stock mounts. I just either need to move the snub mount or get a front core from a 3.0, but still not sure if the 3.0's is in the right spot.

why can't you just buy the V6 A4 and turbocharge it?

You can put the 3.0L crank in the 2.7 turning it into a 3.0, but it requires new pistons and rods.

3.0L, with 2.8L heads and intake cams, GT28 turbos = doing it right

http://www.rombotistuning.com/pict/sherif16

No harness, but I do have some factory stuff you might need like factory S4 airbox (with darintake mod) accordian hose, k03 intake pipes, k03's...other random crap.
That is going to be nice if I can't get an engine with everything attached. How many miles on the Ko3's if I just use those to get it up and running. Also what all have you done to yours?

That is going to be nice if I can't get an engine with everything attached. How many miles on the Ko3's if I just use those to get it up and running. Also what all have you done to yours?

They have just over 100K, with only about 10K of it being chipped. They're still in awesome condition.

Mine is just your standard stage 3 with an e85 tune. All OEM RS4 parts with the exception of the intercooler, exhaust, injectors and fuel pump.

If you have some time I would like to get a ride sometime. I'm going to meet up with that guy with the blue S4 that is stage 3 also soon. I just want to feel the power before I start buying things. Also coming off driving the F150 anything is fast.

If you have some time I would like to get a ride sometime. I'm going to meet up with that guy with the blue S4 that is stage 3 also soon. I just want to feel the power before I start buying things. Also coming off driving the F150 anything is fast.

lol

Once you feel Stage3, there is no going back.

Is his name Raj with the Santorin blue one? He's a good dude, his was the first stage 3 car I was in. Mine won't be leaving the garage for a while, not until the roads are free of salt. I'd be happy to take you for a ride when that day comes though, then you can compare an OTS tune to a custom one.

I want a ride in your car Chris! Mine is just Apr chip with 93 oct, 100 oct tunes, cat-back, diverters, evoms intake, coilovers, 034 trans/ motor mounts, apikol diff mount, and jhm short throw. I want to go stage 3 its just pricey as hell!
Sounds like I need a ride in this car first, then Raj's car, and then Kickass. ;) Should be fun. I need to get on selling my T3/T04E kit off my Cavy to help fund this swap. I need someone to get me the 01E trans stuff to swap over at the same time without the huge price tag. If Clint at RAI finds one I'm going to have to take the truck down there to pick up everything.