F20c Motors. I cant comprehend.

neonkiller

not to get on the hate train, but by your logic schmukingham the old prelude B20a would be the same as the other B series, but in fact its nothing like the B16, b17, b18, b20b/z

"These engines are unrelated to the F-series engines found in the mid 90s Honda Accord and Prelude. They share many properties with the H-series. These engines, unlike most F-series engines, have two overhead cams, a VTEC system for both the intake and exhaust camshaft, Fiber-Reinforced Metal cylinder liners (FRM), molybdenum disulfide-coated piston skirts for reduced friction, and uses a timing chain."

or how about this article

"This engine was a radical departure from previous F engines

and only shared basic dimensions such as bore spacing. It was designed specifically for the Honda S2000 and shares some engineering with the Honda K engine. A long-stroke F22C1 variant was also produced. "

FRM Sleeves are doo doo baby. the worst sleeve design honda every made. the K motor platform is Honda's highest HP stock internal motor as of yet in the 600-650 range. F20 and F22 are great and will hold close to those numbers as the K but will pop before one.

S2k = Sleeves + Head Work + rear end upgrade, should hold boost in the 600+ range and get some time out of it to play around.

FRM Sleeves are doo doo baby. the worst sleeve design honda every made. the K motor platform is Honda's highest HP stock internal motor as of yet in the 600-650 range. F20 and F22 are great and will hold close to those numbers as the K but will pop before one.

S2k = Sleeves + Head Work + rear end upgrade, should hold boost in the 600+ range and get some time out of it to play around.

I am considering getting a s2k this spring and boosting if for some fun. the f20c is a amazing engine. efjunkie there is alot of 600+ hp f20c running around daily driven. If thats the route i go i plan on at least 600 to play with. guess we'll see for sure then.

yes there is but im also talking longevity K vs f the K has proven to be more reliable. Im not saying you cant make 800 on a f with stock internals im just saying it might only last a month.

3 biggest issues are Sleeves, Valvetrain, Diff's. the cars are very well overall and love top end racing. I have driven hundreds (use to be a tech for Honda) and the gearing is amazing mid to high range.

But can you find a K series tranny that will last more than a run @+600whp?

No trans break at 300. Id say go with a S2K but be conservative. my friends old supercharged s2k put a little over 500 and was fast and reliable. if your gonna run 600+ just be prepared on stock internals.

In stock trim they are pretty impressive for an n/a 4 banger. Although i wouldnt call them king. I know shortly after the chevy ecotec came out, chevy kept modding one until it blew. If i remember right it was making somewhere north of 600 with stock internals.

Im going to go search right now, but some guy outside madison WI has a pontiac soltice, with way too much boost, (Claimed to be stock internals wit h a GT35 of somesort) that had 630hp at the rear wheels..

it was really fucking quick!

too bad it still looked like a sorority chics ride..

I see that the heads on these motors flow well.

Its the Diffs and Transmissions that do fail.

So Ive been doing some calculating on paper and yet for the 1.Longevity

2.Price

3.Reliability

4.Fun option

Putting a stock LSX motor in one of these with a T56 is cheaper than building a fully built F20 motor.

5k you can come up on a full engine and six speed trans lil fab work and you got yourself a reliable fast lil drop top.

But everything is a gamble

I see that the heads on these motors flow well.

Its the Diffs and Transmissions that do fail.

So Ive been doing some calculating on paper and yet for the 1.Longevity

2.Price

3.Reliability

4.Fun option

Putting a stock LSX motor in one of these with a T56 is cheaper than building a fully built F20 motor.

5k you can come up on a full engine and six speed trans lil fab work and you got yourself a reliable fast lil drop top.

But everything is a gamble

I thought you started this thread because how awesome the F20 engine is. And now you want to swap the LSX in a S2K? There are better and cheaper flatforms to do the swap than the S2K.

I thought you started this thread because how awesome the F20 engine is. And now you want to swap the LSX in a S2K? There are better and cheaper flatforms to do the swap than the S2K.

I did I research it and I believe its is a stout little motor. However to compare it to a LS1 and the T-56 it just does not stand a chance.

But for being able to bolt a turbo and go its a great setup.

However with the plans and type of car I want the LSX platform is still holding the thrown no matter what I put it into.

Roll racing is fun but drag racing is stealing my heart.