braided fuel line wtf's.

KentStateTsi

From my secondary pump to fuel rail is about 4' of -10 line. The first line I used was jegs pro flow nylon with jegs fittings and it lasted 2 days before splitting the entire length of the rubber hose. Tonight I put on russell stainless hose and fittings and it started spewing immediatly. It is not leaking from the fittings. They are standard fittings, not pushlock. Is it possible I'm starting a split when I tighten the male and female fitting pieces together?

Both hoses are about a year old. These are the steps I do:

1. Measure out what I need, tape it, use cut off wheel, blow the junk out with air.

2. Put the female fitting piece on as far as it will go on the hose.

3. Start threading the male piece by hand to prevent cross threading.

4. I hold the female piece in my AN fitting vice block and tighten the male until it is about 1mm from the female piece.

Should I turn the female piece instead? I think I am twisting the rubber inside the braid when I tighten the male piece.

Guest 614Streets
Never had this problem either. I use a oil squirt can and motor oil inside the hose and on the male threads. Afterwards I blast them with brake cleaner and compressed air.