Possible ID Theft?

Rally Pat

For the past 2 days, I have been receiving phone calls from various different insurance companies saying that I put in a request for a quote on Life Insurance or Home Owners Insurance. When they call, they say they have all of my information, and they verify my address and everything. I, obviously, have not put in a request for any of these things. Anyone know why this would be happening? My paranoid side automatically jumps to ID theft, but I have never fallen for such things as phishing sites or the like. The last time I gave out my social was when I was trying to get a loan a couple weeks back.

next time someone calls, demand to know where they got your info.

same thing happened to me about 2 months ago. started to get 60-40 calls a day down to about 5 a day. i asked them where they got it.. i get everything from hangups to someone just put on my desk, to online databases, stated i requested the info etc..

they are all some sort of college, ask for Andy but i have never once in my life used Andy i hate it I am Andrew. All the other info they have is correct. And most of the time they say I filled out a form online requesting more info.. I havent looked at college stuff since 04

A lot of sites are giving payouts (farmville bucks, points etc) if you fill out their offers. I was wondering if people would just go online and search something like the white pages and use Jon Doe's info to get points for their game.

Most of the info they have is public information and can be found with little to no effort. I dont know you and could tell you all the stuff they just provided you with a simple search in less then 10 minutes.

Not saying someone didnt give out your info but I wouldnt lose sleep over it.

As for the loan information could possibly be the reason you are getting the calls. Fine print on applications is a bitch.

Update, I am getting more calls.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that the people calling are all reporting that the requests for information were put in online, and I just found out they haven't been looking for me. They have been looking for my Dad, who passed away years ago.

I just got another one from the University of Phoenix.

I'm already on the Do Not Call list, have been for years. They are saying that we requested for the information.

ask them if they believe a piece of paper/e-doc or the guy at the other end of the line saying the person who asked for the info is dead. then ask them if they have any offs to fuck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/MegamanEXE/14273ded.jpg

These are all people calling for my dad, and those are just the people that left messages, there are many more who just called repeatedly, and left no message. The number at the top, I got the guy to give me some information. He mentioned vinylinteractiveschool.com, but he said thats all he could give me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/MegamanEXE/14273ded.jpg

These are all people calling for my dad, and those are just the people that left messages, there are many more who just called repeatedly, and left no message. The number at the top, I got the guy to give me some information. He mentioned vinylinteractiveschool.com, but he said thats all he could give me.

so they are perfectly fine using dead people's info and cellular numbers without discretion but won't give you a company name?

start throwing FCC name around see if that scares any of them off.

AccuQuote Main Office

1400 South Wolf Rd.

Bldg 500

Wheeling, IL. 60090-6588

Colorado Branch Office

25188 Genesee Trail Rd

Suite 110

Golden, CO. 80401

Toll Free: 1–800–442–9899

Telephone: 847–850–2000

Fax: 847–850–2800

Life insurance

First one is a telemarketer for Southern University.

888 Is insurance telemarketer as well

AccuQuote Main Office

1400 South Wolf Rd.

Bldg 500

Wheeling, IL. 60090-6588

Colorado Branch Office

25188 Genesee Trail Rd

Suite 110

Golden, CO. 80401

Toll Free: 1–800–442–9899

Telephone: 847–850–2000

Fax: 847–850–2800

Life insurance

First one is a telemarketer for Southern University.

888 Is insurance telemarketer as well

a google search reveals that you're not the only one who is getting calls from these asses despite being on fcc do not call list