VW Jetta TDi for $2k?

zeitgeist57

Yeah, but based on that mileage, even if it was last year, that's likely only 10,000 miles ago.

Likely doesn't cut it lol. I have had to deal with so many car transactions this year alone that I can't take a owners word anymore after some of the shit I have had to go through. Paper with numbers on it is it...period. OR surrender the car to my inspection process and I will find out myself.

I understand what you are all saying, my experience tells me differently. Facts are facts. If they can't tell me when the timing belt was done with mileage then it gets done and I factor that into my purchase price. Hence why I am able to give someone an excellent product when I turn a car because all of the major maintenance is current.

That, and an EGR block off or racepipe.

Good point, at that mileage the intake is likely way overdue for a cleaning.

Eliminate the EGR or just disable it through vag-com. I disabled mine at 100K, another 100K on it now and the intake still looks pretty good. When I bought mine at 80K, the intake was almost completely clogged.

Yes, I've heard that after a cleaning, disabling it is 99% effective and for 0$ invested. :)

Barring an injection pump failure, the cars are rock solid and take very little to keep running.

Clay doesn't want it anyway, he's just getting it as a present for his buddy Jones!

• 1 month later...

Ugh. The guy just came back in from a week in FL to say that his mother-in-law (who had borrowed the car this whole time) decided to buy it. :( :( :( I had really grown attached to just the idea of buying a TDi Jetta.

Welp, everything happens for a reason!