Any places around Central Ohio that sell old arcade stuff?

Rally Pat

I have been trying to track down a Neo Geo MVS arcade cab, preferably somewhere where it won't cost a fortune (most don't, but occasionally you have the asshole that thinks he found the Holy Grail). Just wanted to know if anyone knew anyone with one around Central Ohio, even in State somewhere. Doesn't even really matter which version either, there is a single cart version, a 2 cart version, a 4 cart version, and a 6 cart version. Even between those, there are different sizes of cabs too.

was the Neo Geo a console? is so call BuyBacks, they seem to be getting old gaming stuff in, there's a few locations to call you might get lucky, if not try Ebay

There was a Neo Geo home console called the NeoGeo AES. It had almost the exact same hardware as the MVS on the inside, however the AES is far more expensive than buying an MVS.

Interesting history here, when the AES came out, SNK realized that in order to market to home gamers, they had to reduce the cost of the cartridges. The MVS uses cartridge too. SNK, to prevent Arcade owners from buying the cheaper AES cartridges, made them slightly smaller, even though internally the cartridges had the same chips and stuff.

History has caused the prices to flip flop. MVS carts are dirt cheap compared to AES carts, we are talking $30-$50ish dollars for MVS carts vs hundreds of dollars for AES carts. There are even adapters now that let you play MVS carts in an AES home console.

Call Tom Edwards at TNT Amusement 614-577-0111. He's a family friend who buys, sells and repairs old arcade games, pinball games etc. He's been doing it for about 15 years, so I'm if he doesn't have it he can probably find it or at least point you in the right direction. Let him know Chris Maines sent you. :)

Call Tom Edwards at TNT Amusement 614-577-0111. He's a family friend who buys, sells and repairs old arcade games, pinball games etc. He's been doing it for about 15 years, so I'm if he doesn't have it he can probably find it or at least point you in the right direction. Let him know Chris Maines sent you. :)

I was looking at their site, they have a couple for sale, but they want a small fortune, and it looks like they put multi-carts in them, as in carts that have pirate games on them. The MVS carts they have for sale are pretty fairly priced, though.

Edit: Er, it looks like I was looking at the wrong TNT Amusements website, I will try to call number you listed.

I have a space invaders cabinet in storage near cleveland but that was pre neogeo.

If you change your mind and want to build a MAME cabinet from scratch let me know ;)

The thought has crossed my mind to build one from another cabinet that was missing the boards inside. A Neogeo cabinet, that is, not a MAME cabinet. The MVS system itself uses a universal JAMMA connector, and its fairly cheap. Lots of Arcade machines use JAMMA connectors, so converting them to Neogeo or really anything that uses JAMMA is fairly simple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Amusement_Machinery_Manufacturers_Association