LEXUS LFA VS NISSAN GTR

Liv2die

Man the sound of that V10 is so fucking nice. BTW this is a repost.

Yeah it is but when evaluating the cars from an overall performance standpoint keeping price in mind I think the Gtr got this one! The LFA is more powerful and faster in a straight line yes but put them on a course together and I think the Gtr would win. If I had 400k to spend on a car and i had to choose between lfa and gtr I'd spend 85k on a gtr and 315k in performance(wouldn't even need that much) to make the lfa look like childs play. Lol btw I searched "lexus nissan" before i opened the tbread and nothing related to this came up. If its a repost tho thats my mistake

Anyone seen the the first episode of the new season of Top Gear UK? They had a 0-100-0 test involving the GTR, the LFA and the v8 Atom. Of course, the Atom destroyed, but the LFA destroyed the GTR. It wasn't that far off in acceleration (though the LFA begins putting lengths after 100), but the braking absolutely put the GTr to shame. Im not so sure a GTR would be faster around a track than a LFA, though it may depend on the track.

The LFA is a wonderful car that is double the price it should be. Its looks/performance are at a 150k range, and it would sell like hot cakes if priced around that. I guarantee they could sell 20x as many at that price and still not be able to keep them in stock.

At 300k, you are looking at a very different buyer and car market - one the LFA does not fit into at all.

They are only making 500, they don't care about sales numbers, almost all 500 are spoken for. :rolleyes: Joe 500 people disagree with you, and of those 500 all 500 are relevant because they have the cash, you are not relevant. Call me crazy, but I don't think you will see an LFA at a dealer for 6 months with a salesman saying, "we can't give this thing away!".

Ya this is a very old video I have the Motor Trend mag in my room that this test took place in. You have to also keep in mind that your are comparing a rwd car to a awd car in a dig race. The awd will always have the advantage. The LFA is an amazing car and if I could afford it I would even though it is no more than a glorified toyota. What is even more impressive about the LFA is that Car and Driver put it up against a Ferrari 599GTB and the LFA beat the Ferrari in every important catagory even in price as tested... That is one hell of an accomplishment for a company that has not built a solid sports car since the Supra.

that is pretty amazing that a V10 screams to 9K rpm in a street car. I have to agree with joe though, 300K seems like a bit much. I mean, i understand it has alot of cool and expensive (im sure) features and such, but when i can get a ZR1 for 120K ish out the door with 640 hp and is a beast on the track, personal opinion of course, but ill save that other 180K.

that is pretty amazing that a V10 screams to 9K rpm in a street car. I have to agree with joe though, 300K seems like a bit much. I mean, i understand it has alot of cool and expensive (im sure) features and such, but when i can get a ZR1 for 120K ish out the door with 640 hp and is a beast on the track, personal opinion of course, but ill save that other 180K.

I can defently understand this, however, you see vettes on a daily basis on the road. Your average person doesn't even know there are 3 types of vettes for sale, but your average person will notice that LFA going down the road because likely they will never see one again. The price is so extreme because everyone does not disserve a car like the LFA it should be saved for a select few.

Your average person doesn't even know there are 3 types of vettes for sale, but your average person will notice that LFA going down the road because likely they will never see one again.

You mean 6 (or 7 if you count the Z07)... :D

The only thing I like about the LFA is the electronic tach/gauge cluster... :cool: