24 Hours of Daytona

SpaceGhost

I kind of wish they had a second channel that would focus on the GT classes. I think they focused on the DPs a bit too much. Anything about the GT classes was essentially "By the way...." But that's an issue with the coverage, not the race. It was good to see that four cars were on the lead lap at the end, and racing so close to each other. Endurance races can too easily end up with a parade at the end with no real threat to the lead.

I still think ALMS went downhill after they went to DP and GT only, the racing was 10X more entertaining when it was LMP, GT1, GT2, GT3 etc....it was awesome having the fast cars 220mph and the slow cars 150mph. Nothing like watching 3 destinct lines around the banking because of the speed differentiation.

Plus they used to get at least twice the field they do today, although the race was won by a multi lap margin, but we don't need to bring nascar style racing to roots road racing.

Great race as usual, they should have scored the pace car because it was certainly on track a lot during the race.

I still think ALMS went downhill after they went to DP and GT only, the racing was 10X more entertaining when it was LMP, GT1, GT2, GT3 etc....it was awesome having the fast cars 220mph and the slow cars 150mph. Nothing like watching 3 destinct lines around the banking because of the speed differentiation.

Plus they used to get at least twice the field they do today, although the race was won by a multi lap margin, but we don't need to bring nascar style racing to roots road racing.

Great race as usual, they should have scored the pace car because it was certainly on track a lot during the race.

24 hours of daytona is a Grand Am race, it's always been DP and GT only, ALMS still has 4 classes, Grand Am is owned and run by nascar.;) it's a shame i didn't get to go in person this year it's quite the experience.

please don't confuse Grand AM Rolex series (or Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge series for that matter) with ALMS:bangbang::bangbang:

My team finished 31st. Not bad considering our only goal was just to finish. All new drivers to GA and not much of a budget. They were very excited to finish the race running and everything on my side went very smoothly.

The continental cars are very close to the street cars. Jack Jr's car is being repaired at the local Ford dealership and the engine is just the production coyote 5.0 with some tuning.

My team finished 31st. Not bad considering our only goal was just to finish. All new drivers to GA and not much of a budget. They were very exciting to finish the race running and everything on my side went very smoothly.

The continental cars are very close to the street cars. Jack Jr's car is being repaired at the local Ford dealership and the engine is just the production coyote 5.0 with some tuning.

awesome!! congrats!

please don't confuse Grand AM Rolex series (or Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge series for that matter) with ALMS:bangbang::bangbang:

ALMS cars used to run the 24 hours of daytona.....don't you remember that? THEN Grand Am cars started running it partially due to safety concerns of the difference of speed and to make the event more competitive. They cut it from like 4-5 classes to 2 classes.

ALMS has gone downhill a little bit as well, much less entries than there used to be etc..

ALMS cars used to run the 24 hours of daytona.....don't you remember that? THEN Grand Am cars started running it partially due to safety concerns of the difference of speed and to make the event more competitive. They cut it from like 4-5 classes to 2 classes.

ALMS has gone downhill a little bit as well, much less entries than there used to be etc..

I remember that, when IMSA was incharge. Grand Am tried 3 classes the first couple years but that didn't work out so down to two.

Alms has too many classes now it's hard to keep up. LMP, LMPC, GT and GTC. Of course you don't have to worry about keeping up now that they signed a deal with espn to show the races after they happen