Supertech Oil?

zeitgeist57

Our '05 Caravan (3.3L, over 125k miles) has gone 4800 miles since last oil change when it was warm outside...I'm guessing at least 6 months ago. It's a family beater, but time to change the orrrrll...

I go to WallyWorld, figuring I'll grab some bulk whatever-brand oil and a SuperTech filter. $2.64 filter and a $10 for a 5qt container of 10W30 YEEEHAHA!!! Does anyone else use this stuff in their beaters or DDs?

I wouldn't put this crap in my 'Vette, Passat, or diesel truck, but figure it's more than fine for the van. Curious if anyone else on CR would admit to using Wal*Mart oil in their vehicles...

Assuming they aren't skirting any rules, any oil that has some known rating on it is probably fine. Especially if you stick to the ~3-4kmi oil change, though I don't think this 5k period would really hurt either.

As for shopping at walmart to begin with, that I can't agree with. Autozone also has generic oil, but I have no idea what it is or how much it cost.