Assisted Living / Nursing Home Recommendations

Prodeje79

OK I am not sure if anyone's been through a similar situation, but I was hoping to get any helpful information around selecting an Assisted Living or Nursing Home in the Columbus area.

Perhaps one where you could start on assisted living, but someday transition to nursing home covered under medicaid.

In general, closest to Hilliard/Grove City would be best.

EDIT:

This link seems helpful, although average pricing would be nice.

http://www.medicare.gov/NHCompare/

Edited by Prodeje79

Don't do it. If you have no choice but to do it, manor care in westerville has a wide range of care depending on your clients needs. Not all skilled nursing facilites are bad, but do through research before allowing a loved one to stay there. Ask what their typical nurse aid to client ratio is, fall history, history of mrsa (in the more skilled parts of the snf).

Its common thought in the health care community that snf are kind of bottom barrel nursing care. Not all but some. There are some rns/aids that have a passion for elderly/snf care, but you have to be sure the facility youre looking at contains these people.

Hell if you want an impartial view go to the fire dept whose district the snf is in and ask their oppinion. Their medics are in there all the time...i could tell you the good bad and terrible places in my district! Do keep in mind that higher acuity snfs are going to be taking care of sicker clients that might need a 911 ride to the er more often than a snf that doesn't take care of sicker clients. Good luck with your decision

Edited by Sturg