Energy star houses?

smokin5s

All florescent lights?

I was thinking your PC is probably a hog, I know you have a pretty nice setup.

Lights are all Halegon; most in the 40-60 variety.

I HATE the look and warm-up time of florescent lights. If I could find some good LED lighting at a reasonable price, I'd like to go that route eventually.

PC I am sure is eating some power. :)

Lights are all Halegon; most in the 40-60 variety.

I HATE the look and warm-up time of florescent lights. If I could find some good LED lighting at a reasonable price, I'd like to go that route eventually.

PC I am sure is eating some power. :)

all florecent lights except in the track lighting....

and surprisingly enough, I keep all of the PC's turned off in the house and they get used very rarely unless my daughter uses one, but I make sure she turns it off once she's done. I use my iPad for most of my web browsing.

New construction 5 star energy rated 2100 sqft with 20 ft ceilings. Bill was $320 last month. All electric with a temp setting of 69 all the time. My auxillary comes on at 18 degrees outside temp. Seems pretty decent to me considering the recent weather.

Is this a new build? Does it have 2x6 walls? Do you have R50 or more in the attic? Triple pane windows with argon? Do you have an electric hot water tank?

Electric heat is the most energy INefficent when compared to Propane or natural gas.

Propane is the most efficent, burns hotter than Natural Gas.

If you really want to get serious, then you need to get a whole house energy audit, costs about $350-450, but worth it.

Bill

Elec bill was 180 last month

gas was about 160

house is 3600sq ft plus a 2000 sq ft finished basement

never turn off PC's, TV's on most of the time, dryer runs once a day usually. And I agree with joe on the florescent lights.. those things suck

thermostat stays at 70