Chevy Diesel Guys.

dover

O1 is what had the injector problems, we have had every year between my family in friends and the only problems have been injector cups lifting on the lb7 pulling truck (~800whp) and we put a rod through the side of the block on a twin turbo stock motor lb7. Never a problem from any stock turbo lb7,lly,lbz,or lmm we have had, and all tuned to 500+whp. I would not be afraid of an 02-04.5 lbz.

02-04.5 aren't lbz trucks. And lb7's are from 2001-2004. (the 2001-2003 trucks had the extended warranty for the injector issues)

2004.5-2005 trucks are lly

2006-2007 trucks are lbz, then the lmm, lmn, etc.

02-04.5 aren't lbz trucks. And lb7's are from 2001-2004. (the 2001-2003 trucks had the extended warranty for the injector issues)

2004.5-2005 trucks are lly

2006-2007 trucks are lbz, then the lmm, lmn, etc.

Sorry that was a typo from my blackberry 7 and z are the same key. And 07 is another split year where u could get a classic lbz or nbs lmm

I'd imagine pushing 1600 ftlbs of torque would blow any stock engine when pulling a sled. But hey at least the crowd enjoyed it.

The tt truck wasnt near that it was only making like 550/1100, with a hx60 compound with a stock turbo wastegated at 50lbs. That was a long time ago back before everyone was doing dual cp3's and shit. And it blew up at the drag strip in the staging lanes lol.

The tt truck wasnt near that it was only making like 550/1100, with a hx60 compound with a stock turbo wastegated at 50lbs. That was a long time ago back before everyone was doing dual cp3's and shit. And it blew up at the drag strip in the staging lanes lol.

Oh, it said ~800bhp so I figured little under 1600 ftlbs of torque.

Two different trucks. Pulling trucks a single turbo 2.6, dual cp3, cam, ect ect.

Tony's twin LB7 was a sick truck for it's time, way ahead of the curve I'm the guy helping Ed with his pulling truck tuning. It should be a beast this year. Sorry for OT.

Back On topic.

I had an LLY and it was great, ran 12.81 on tuning and transmission alone. If I were looking to buy another, I'd look strictly at the LBZ 06-07. They don't have the DPF and have the 6 speed, which is a bit stronger than the 5 speed in stock form. If you want to mod it someday they respond the best to tuning alone, or I should say the LBZ has the greatest potential before bolt-on upgrades.