C5 questions??

Stimmel1647545512

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owned my C5 Z06 for 7 years. Never put anything in her but Mobil 1 synthetic and Sunoco 93 octane fuel. Only real money I had to put in it was a new $1700 computer. And as posted earlier / YES turn traction OFF before burn outs - check your tires too, replacements are expensive -

• 2 weeks later...
'99 seems to be about the worst year for the battery issue.

also your stuck with paper blocker rings and have to use regular dex III transmission fluid.

also i think i have the skip shift delete for a C5 if its not already done for cheep.

check on that skip shift please i want it

Its 2 mph, you might be able to disconnect the battery and get past it. When this happened to my ZO6, I disconnected the battery 6 times before I cleared it. Get to where you need to go and call it quits. Most dealers will fix that for free as it was a recall at one time.

Nevermind, Just saw you were in your driveway.

its 3 mph. good luck on getting the dealer to fix it. what you need is the $140 column lock and then the aftermarket by pass module.

aj you seem to know these cars really well any help on what to order and from who or where? is this something that i can do myself in the driveway or pay someone to come over and do in the driveway

let me know asap as i would like to get this taken care of asap

thanks

is the steering wheel locked right now? if its not then its way easier. i would just go to a GM dealer with your VIN number and buy the steering column lock module. its about $140. PM me when you get it and i'll tell you how to replace it. its pretty simple.

is the steering wheel locked right now? if its not then its way easier. i would just go to a GM dealer with your VIN number and buy the steering column lock module. its about $140. PM me when you get it and i'll tell you how to replace it. its pretty simple.

the colum isnt locked it moves freely