by march 15 i will have 5700 dollars in bills paid for and checked off!!

2pointslow

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, you have a black card? Or your dad does?

EDIT: FUCK GETTING A BLACK CARD! Many people have downgraded to the plati because the black cards rewards suck and the annual fees are outregeous.

My dad has one, I'll have one when I start working for his firm. He can upgrade me from the plati

paid off a shitload of our mortgage this year, and we haven't even owned the house for a year yet. hopefully, have it paid off in 18months and start looking at condo's. i still have gather all my stuff to give to our tax man, but right now my preliminary taxes are that i owe $12k--i claim zero deductions with 3 kids/wife---wtf. hopefully with the purchase of our house, vette, and all the money i spent traveling/related to work i can get my taxes down to $0. if not, no big deal, i though i'd owe a lot more than that--can't even imagine if i claimed all my deductions.

still have quite a bit in school loans, and both our car loans are zero %, so i'm not planning on paying them off until the house is paid off.

couldn't care less about having a black am-ex card. if i want something big, my wife just writes a check.

paid off a shitload of our mortgage this year, and we haven't even owned the house for a year yet. hopefully, have it paid off in 18months and start looking at condo's. i still have gather all my stuff to give to our tax man, but right now my preliminary taxes are that i owe $12k--i claim zero deductions with 3 kids/wife---wtf. hopefully with the purchase of our house, vette, and all the money i spent traveling/related to work i can get my taxes down to $0. if not, no big deal, i though i'd owe a lot more than that--can't even imagine if i claimed all my deductions.

still have quite a bit in school loans, and both our car loans are zero %, so i'm not planning on paying them off until the house is paid off.

couldn't care less about having a black am-ex card. if i want something big, my wife just writes a check.

You can write off your school loan interest too, but I'm sure you know that as well. I paid in 10k federal alone, ill probably lose a ton of it since im 25, homeless, no kids and taking standard deduction.

If you cant be harsh, be inventive. If you can be neither, then you need to stop breathing.

All I'm reading is don't be poor.

Most people can't get one, i wouldn't expect anyone to care. Paying cash for stuff is obviously a smarter choice in most cases.

You can write off your school loan interest too, but I'm sure you know that as well.

No he can't. There is an income cap on claiming school loan interest...I haven't got to claim mine for a couple years now. Luckily it will be paid off in a couple of months. Last I checked the limit is 70k single, 145k married you get nothing. They start reducing the deduction from 55k to 70k single, 115k to 145k married until you hit the nothing limit. :(

No he can't. There is an income cap on claiming school loan interest...I haven't got to claim mine for a couple years now. Luckily it will be paid off in a couple of months. Last I checked the limit is 70k single, 145k married you get nothing. They start reducing the deduction from 55k to 70k single, 115k to 145k married until you hit the nothing limit. :(

yeah, then i won't be able to claim the loan interest. this is the first year that i've worked a whole year at my current job. staring at my W2 makes me sick to my stomach to think of the money i've paid in taxes this year---and the fact that i won't see anything for that money. why the fuck should i have to pay more than the average joe for federal or state taxes?? i understand what that money goes to (improving infrastructure, police/fire/public service salaries, etc.)--am i entitled to use those services more, if i pay more for them?? can i veer my car into the 'coned off' lane of an unfinished freeway 6 months before they open that lane to the rest of the public?? can't deduct student loans, can't deduct interest on a new car. bullshit.

yeah, then i won't be able to claim the loan interest. this is the first year that i've worked a whole year at my current job. staring at my W2 makes me sick to my stomach to think of the money i've paid in taxes this year---and the fact that i won't see anything for that money. why the fuck should i have to pay more than the average joe for federal or state taxes?? i understand what that money goes to (improving infrastructure, police/fire/public service salaries, etc.)--am i entitled to use those services more, if i pay more for them?? can i veer my car into the 'coned off' lane of an unfinished freeway 6 months before they open that lane to the rest of the public?? can't deduct student loans, can't deduct interest on a new car. bullshit.

Tax system is seriously fucked up. Use a flat tax set at a percentage. Its fair to everyone and it could more or less eliminate the irs and save us untold billions per year.

Ps, hope you are maxing out your ira/401k.