Tow Vehicle Mileage

KennyFKINPowerz

181,000 on my 1997 e150, does around 10mpg while towing at 75mph. It runs on filth and I would tow to the ends of the earth with this thing.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs703.snc4/62344_2561906846085_1206498792_100961249_2436534_n.jpg

'91 F150, 5.0L eats oil, 119K miles.

Just drove West of Detroit for a Camaro and had it loaded to the gills with spares. Did just fine. Keep fluids in it, you'll be fine. Unless you have a known trans problem, should be ok. Make sure you have good pad/shoe life for off ramps and it's cool.

I get about 12 when I'm towing my Jap tinker toys, I think we were close to 8 hauling American Iron.

I assume you are wondering if your truck will make a journey, not what MPG it gets? May help to know what you have/any known issues it has.

My Yukon is an 00 with 187,000 miles on it. Everything on it is great but I need to put shocks on it. I probably get about 10MPG but I dont feel too comfortable with going out of the state. I guess if all you guys do it then I should be ok. I keep up on the maintenance on my truck really well and it still runs strong.

also if you have to think about how far to tow something or if you "chance it" you need a new tow vehicle.

I can help

http://www.thecarcompanyonline.com

:)

HA HA My tow vehicle is also my DD. I just bought the wife a Yukon also and bought a Camaro. I'm broke now :). Tow vehicle will have to wait until the end of the year.

1999 Dodge Ram 4X4 1500 5.2 Gas Engine - 184,xxx+ hard heavy boat towing miles - Towing I see about 8 mpg on a good day. Normal driving, not towing, It does about 10-12. It hasn't seen daily driver duty in several years, except for snow, and has been amazing. It will sometimes sit for weeks or a month or two at a time and always fires right up. Some normal suspension stuff wearing out and one water pump, and normal maintenance. It's been awesome considering what I put it through.

I would drive it anywhere. Needs tires though. As much as I love the truck, an upgrade is coming soon. I will be doing a Escalade EXT (the truck/Avalanche one) in the spring or summer.

We don't own it anymore, but our 1989 Chevy 3500 Dually with a 454 is still a horse stable's primary tow vehicle. Tows a 6 horse trailer all over the country and has about 225k on it last I heard. I wish I could get that truck back. Only problem it ever had was some paint chipping issues that Chevy kept extending the warranty on.

95 Dodge V10, 140,000 miles. Only problem it's had is rusty brake lines. I've towed a 30' enclosed trailer with two cars, small war wagon, and a mountain of wheels and tires in it all over the midwest and down to Georgia for a couple of years. Next season more of the same plus a trip to Chicago and Wisconsin. Only downfall is the 7.5mpg it gets but it does get it at 70mph.

1997 Suburban XLT, 68,000 miles, 350 Vortec, automatic, 4x4, 3 inch lift, 33 inch tires, I get about 12-13 mpg without the enclosed bike trailer. I get a little less with it. I would take this truck absolutely anywhere. It's been to Atlanta, Canada, Florida, Detroit, etc.